Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

How can we improve 3dcart?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. USPS Flat Rate mailing options

The USPS offers a variety of Priority Mail Flat Rate Box options (Large, Medium, Small, DVD, & Video). However 3DCart currently only has one USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box shipping option in the shipping methods. This one Priority Mail Flat Rate Box defaults to the large box. Setting the box size or weight in the product options has no effect on the rate that is looked up.

Need to add additional USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box options to the shipping methods.

95 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to report that we have reviewed this idea and we feel that it would be a good addition to the 3dcart platform and be beneficial to many users. Therefore, we have decided to tentatively place the idea on our planning roadmap. We cannot yet say when it will be finalized and added to the store software, but we are definitely considering it for addition to the 3dcart suite of services and functions.

• phone order

When placing a phone order and adding an item, to page is forwarded otthe review tab. I would prefer it stays on the Item tab to allow you add another item. Currently the process is add item>review> (Now I have to click back on the item tab to add another item)

48 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• For Free Shipping- remove Alaska and Hawaii or make it a radio button to add them

Most companies do not include free shipping to AK or HI yet the "Free Shipping" tab on 3dcart does include them. Make a tab for free shipping to the lower 48 and if you want to add AK or HI you can add them very easily- There is not a way to remove them.

46 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to report that we have reviewed this idea and we feel that it would be a good addition to the 3dcart platform and be beneficial to many users. Therefore, we have decided to tentatively place the idea on our planning roadmap. We cannot yet say when it will be finalized and added to the store software, but we are definitely considering it for addition to the 3dcart suite of services and functions.

• Daily Deal / Group Deal automatic emails

I'd like the system to send an automatic email to subscribers / customers whenever a new Daily Deal or Group Deal becomes active. The email template should be customizable and (obviously) include the product(s) featured in the deal.

39 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Allow the date format to be changed to dd/mm/yyyy for Australian users.

We are getting complaints from our Australian clients regarding confusing date settings. In Australia we use dd/mm/yyyy instead of the default settings of mm/dd/yyyy. All quality international systems allow for date formatting options by the admin. This is very disappointing that you fall short of this.

37 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Regional (Non-US) Specific Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Click here to apply coupon

Offer the ability to embed a coupon code (or better yet, multiple codes) in a link.
              We can put this link on a promotional banner on the site, in a text promotion, or in an e-mail to customers.

It works better and is much more effective and professional to just have the promotion apply automatically when the customer clicks on the link.
              Allowing for multiple codes would allow us the ability to offer promotions like save $5 on 50, and 10 on $75 , and all the customer has to do is click on a link. Currently they would have…

37 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Free shipping excluded from wholesale orders and other price levels

We do a wholesale business as well as retail. While we offer free shipping on retail orders, we require our wholesale customers to pay for the shipping. There is no way to do this currently.

35 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Rewards points for product options

On the product listing pages, if you have the Rewards System enabled you see how many Rewards Points are awarded for a given product. Unfortunately, what is displayed is for the base price only. If you use Advanced Options that change the price, the Rewards Points display is not updated even though the correct rewards points are given if the customer purchases the product.

35 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• I would love a button/click to be put into an abandoned cart order to change it into a phone order.

There are times when after abandoning a cart, someone calls and wants to complete the order over the phone. Certain customizations are only allowed on phone orders so it would be great not to have to retype in all of the information like name address etc if it is already present in the abandoned cart.

34 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't reset values registration page

If captcha value is entered wrong the registration form is reset and the user has to fill the form again for all fields. Please add a feature to have previously filled values in drop down and text fields although the captcha is wrongly entered otherwise it is a big headache for the user.

32 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Mobile admin app for Android and/or is.

We'd love to be able to process orders and manage product stock while on the go. Please develop a mobile admin app! Thanks!

32 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile Specific Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Adding UPS Surepost as a shipping method

I have been told by UPS that there is now a UPS Surepost API. We would really appreciate a lower cost option to offer to our residential customers that is NOT USPS. USPS has proven to be unreliable to us and would like to start funneling our customers more to surepost. I have spoken to UPS in-depth about this and they have informed me everything is available to integrate this into a shopping cart.

31 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Set Shipping Method & Handling per product

Be able to set a shipping method per product. Be able to add a handling fee per item. For Instance, We have some items that have to go via freight and other that need to go USPS Flat Rate.

31 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • New Paypal Checkout Experience

Implement Paypal's new Express Checkout Experience - which provides checkout via a pop-up/overlay rather than redirecting to the Paypal site. Info: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/express-checkout/in-context/

30 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Promotion Manager: Ability to exclude a "category" for a promotion

Instead of having to select all the categories you want a promotion to apply for, it would be nice to have a secondary box that allows you to select the categories you don't want it to apply for. This would really help as many of our customers have hundreds of categories, and selecting each one just to not allow a few categories takes forever. I know there is a workaround with excluding Manufacturers where you can create a new one and assign all those products to that, but it starts getting messy.

30 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • schedule price change

More and more of our vendors restrict us to a minimum advertised price. Some vendors have promotional periods where we are allowed to sell at a lower price for specific dates.

Rather than have us edit the price twice:
                                  Once at the moment the promotion period begins
                                  Then again changing it back at the moment the promotional period is over,

I would rather we be able to set the duration of the promotional price once.

EG have the product sell at normal price up to 8/31/15
                                  Then have it automatically switch to a promotional price on 9/1/15
                                  Then have it…

30 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Show expected delivery date on the shipping method when checking out.

Like Amazon, I would like to show the customer the expected delivery date, or range of dates (Deliver by August 10 to August 15, 2015), per each shipping method, so the customer can choose the best shipping method, based on when he need it to be delivered.
                                    Also display this on the order confirmation page, and email.
                                    This should be manged on the admin under each shipping method, give the ability to enter the number or rage of days that the order expected to be delivered from the order date.

28 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Customers Who Ordered This Item Also Ordered...

I've moved a few clients over to 3D Cart and am in the process of moving more... one client currently has a cart that shows customers what other items people who bought a given item also bought. Overall 3D Cart is a much better platform, but it would be great if you could add this feature. Related (random or picked) items is one thing, but this is a step better I think.

27 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Adding product images (and thumbnails) more easily

Currently, when using "Use images you already uploaded" and "select an image I already uploaded" you can only select one image at a time, select it and "update product." To add another image, you have to repeat the enitre process. It would be great to be able to select multiple images with one single update.

26 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Gift Certificates should require an email address

Email on Gift Certificate product page should be required. I am told that it is not because the because the customer might be buying it for themselves. The problem with that is that if they check out anonymously, no one gets a gift certification and that results in an unhappy customer. I am sure if the customer wants it emailed to themselves, they wouldn't mind typing in their email address.

Here is what I am told happens today.

1) if an email is entered on the gift certificate page, the gift certificate is emailed to that address
                                          2) If no…

24 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)