Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

How can we improve 3dcart?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrictive Shipping

Restrictive Shipping really ought to be built in to 3dCart so that it can be better integrated into the system. For instance, there should be a visual representation as to the present state of Restrictive Shipping right on the Shipping Options pane. It is so cumbersome to have to click on Restrictive Shipping in order to see what's going on. Also, there needs to be a way to update and upload Restrictive Shipping options by csv. It is so incredibly time consuming to go in and edit each item individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Additional Shipping tracking numbers

The ability to add a 2nd. or 3rd. tracking number.

An order needed to ship across 2 parcels, or sometimes a correction needs to be made resulting in additional tracking numbers.

I need a way to add additional fields to the shipping area to show these additional tracking numbers.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Retain both tracking numbers outgoing and return shipping label

Shipping label manager only retains 1 tracking number when creating a label. If we are shipping due to warranty work, we will ship a replacement item and also send them a return shipping label for the defect item to be returned. Fulfillment only retains one of those tracking numbers. please program to retain both tracking numbers in the fulfillment.
        thank you,

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Multi/Select Shipping Method Countries

Instead of Excluding Countries one at a time from each shipping method, it should be a tickbox style page, therefore giving the ability to multiselect on one page, making the process much cleaner and quicker.

Also offer Shipping Method and Rules csv import facility, as mentioned in my other post.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Import Shipping Method Rules

Creating Custom Shipping rules for worldwide sales is extremely time consuming, needing to add exclusions for every shipping method.

There should be the ability to upload a spreadsheet containing all the shipping methods and rules needed.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please consider adding insurance and adult signature required on UPS.

We ship items requiring an adult signature and are unable to use the 3dcart system since it is not available.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add a "Local Pickup Only" to shipping.

We have a number of items on our website that are there for reference and information purposes. We can sell them through the website but we cannot ship them. We need the option to include a "Local Pickup Only" shipping result when adding new products. There is no option to deny shipping as far as I can see.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• fraudwatch

Fraudwatch score should be displayed in the merchant's new order email. Currently the only way to see the score is to login to the system. Not every business's bookkeeper has a login to 3dcart. Fraudwatch is essentially useless if the only place to see the score is inside the cart on the order details screen.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Canada Post shipping Options

Please add Canada Post International Tracked Packet option. Only 2 options are currently available on 3dcart (XpressPost which is unaffordable or a non-tracked option, somewhat unreliable). I have to compensate clients for non-deliverables that are non tracked. I am losing international clients because of this and this is also a huge waste of time for our business. Would be grateful if you could do it.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Shipping methods select by address type

Ability to filter available shipping methods by address type.

We prefer to ship by FedEx Ground to business / commercial addresses. And by USPS to residential addresses.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Message on final checkout based on shipping type or destination

For international shipping want to display a warning/information message that customs fees, taxes, duties that may be changed by carrier/country when the package is delivered

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Earmark products with the merchants choice of shippings options

products could be earmarked for the shipping methods available. I have some products shipped by weight, some shipped by value which some require a flat rate envelope, but others of the same value require a large shipping tube.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please provide an easy way to suppress all mentions of shipping for a store that sells eProducts only.

Our company sells only eProducts (aka Digital Products) in our 3dCart store. We never ship anything physically; our customers download the products they purchase. It took quite a lot of time, effort and tech-support assistance to get our store configured such that all mentions of shipping and all requests for shipping information are suppressed. We are now updating our original 3dCart store by porting it to a new, responsive, html5 template - and we will need to go through the same painful procedure again with the new store, I guess.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• shipping that lets me have an initial cost (you have it already) and a multiplier per qty or qty group (like qty 5)

shipping that lets me have an initial cost (3dcart has this already as shipping as ship/markup but should be renamed) and a multiplier per qty or qty group (like qty 5 because I can ship in blocks of those).

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• pick-up option within all possible shipping carriers

need pick-up option that is normally offered by most shipping carriers (like USPS, UPS, etc).

should be a checkbox in product/information tab.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• US military shipping addresses

I find it a real hard to believe 3Dcart has not set up the Military address by default to allow these as shipping location.

Or at Minimum, include these in the check box list ...

and FWIW.. the HELP file to add these is really not as clear as to where to find the list you populate to add these so that also needs to be tweaked!

Thank you.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Shipping Markup

I wish Shipping Markup could take customs labels, so that the customer could see what the markup was for. In fact, I wish there were at least two places for Shipping Markup. And, I wish the Shipping Markup with a custom label would show up on the Customer Invoice and Distributor PO.

Perhaps you could leave the current Shipping Markup as a Blind Shipping Markup. Then add two more that could be custom labeled, such as Oversize or Haz Mat or some other type of Handling Charge.

I think it is important to be able to itemize such charges for…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• First-Class Mail Intl changes to Priority Mail Intl based on Dollar value.

I would like a dollar value control for First Class Mail International.

I'm caught between a feature having a benchmark I can control and not enough options with respects to what is being ordered in dollar value.

Sure controlling weight limit is a service issue I have control over, but If I sell something that's light with a high dollar value I need to force this up to the next level so I can get the level of production thet Priority mail International allows.

However, I can not just turn off First Class mail international as I sell items up…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• We NEED USPS Flat Rate Boxes & Live shipping rates

We need to be able to utilize USPS flate rate boxes based on small, medium, and large based on dimensions & thier max weight. AND we need to utilize all other USPS, FedEx, UPS etc. based on live rates based on weight and dimensions like normal... at this point we can only do one or the other being predifines or live rates. This is not going to work for us as we sell MANY different products that vary in weight and dimensions. It is a must to have flat rate boxes to save our customers money which in turn leads…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Gift Messages on Multiple Shipments Orders

If we have shipments going to different destinations - we should be able to have Gift Messages for each recipient. Since we can print out individual packing slips the messages should be able to go them.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base