Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

How can we improve 3dcart?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add product value, and request insurance option to calls for real-time shipping rates - FedEx

Currently, when the shopping cart retrieves shipping rates from FedEx, it only sends the product weight, dimensions, and destination zip code to calculate the rate charged. But when we actually purchase our shipping labels from FedEx, we add insurance based on the product value, which entails an extra charge from FedEx. This extra charge is not being charged to the customer in the shopping cart, so we are losing money on the shipping. The product value should be included in the call for rates and there should be the option to have insurance requested in the call for rates, (just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Blind Shipping Cost

When creating shipping labels using 3DCart we should be hide the shipping when cost using Indicia interface. Inidica offers this service but we cannot use it.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Shipping Restrictions

I recently purchased the Shipping Restrictions module. For the cost this is about as lame of a module I've ever purchased from anyone.

1. I cannot delete the shipping restrictions in bulk. I have over 1K products with shipping restrictions.

2. I have 3 custom shipping methods. When uploading in bulk to the 1K of products, all three methods were applied to the products because all custom methods are assigned the SAME shipping code. Now I cannot delete the other two in bulk. I had no idea there was a shortage of numbers in the universe.....

Only two fields in…

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Minimum shipping A Feature that is still needed today!

I see this got a small turn out in votes last time someone asked for this...
          But really, how hard would this be to offer?!?

I know I sell a lot of very light items, but they have enough value that base weight postage calculations are not enough.

Yes, I see your mark up by a percentage. It's a nice idea, but really just does not replace a set it and forget it Minimum.

Please reconsider, it's been a design element on other e-commerce sites we deal with.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add UPS International shipping landed cost calculator

I would like the ability to have the UPS Landed Cost Calculator API added to our international checkout

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Shipping estimates are removed after each new item added to the cart..

When a customer adds an item to the cart they have to enter their state and zip code to see the shipping fees and options. However as soon as they add a second item the field clear requiring them to once again enter in this information.. Very Annoying shopping experience to have to keep doing this.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pickup shipping method with scheduling and expedite fee for same day pickups.

AbleCommerce has the ability to select "store pickup" as a shipping method. When this is selected, customer has to select a date and time to pickup their order. Same day pickups generate a warning that customer must select "expedite" for an additional fee.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• UPS Shipping Restrictions

Some items can NOT ship by Air service and is restricted to UPS Ground service only. Add a product setting, where the shipping calculator will calculate a secondary package if the customer wants air freight, but an item can not ship by air. A notification will need to be shown in the checkout. This a lot more common than you may think.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Additional Shipping tracking numbers

The ability to add a 2nd. or 3rd. tracking number.

An order needed to ship across 2 parcels, or sometimes a correction needs to be made resulting in additional tracking numbers.

I need a way to add additional fields to the shipping area to show these additional tracking numbers.

0 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 2 Next →
                    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base