Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

How can we improve 3dcart?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Click here to apply coupon

Offer the ability to embed a coupon code (or better yet, multiple codes) in a link.
    We can put this link on a promotional banner on the site, in a text promotion, or in an e-mail to customers.

It works better and is much more effective and professional to just have the promotion apply automatically when the customer clicks on the link.
    Allowing for multiple codes would allow us the ability to offer promotions like save $5 on 50, and 10 on $75 , and all the customer has to do is click on a link. Currently they would have…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Daily Deal / Group Deal automatic emails

I'd like the system to send an automatic email to subscribers / customers whenever a new Daily Deal or Group Deal becomes active. The email template should be customizable and (obviously) include the product(s) featured in the deal.

43 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to report that we have reviewed this idea and we feel that it would be a good addition to the 3dcart platform and be beneficial to many users. Therefore, we have decided to tentatively place the idea on our planning roadmap. We cannot yet say when it will be finalized and added to the store software, but we are definitely considering it for addition to the 3dcart suite of services and functions.

• Promotion Manager: Ability to exclude a "category" for a promotion

Instead of having to select all the categories you want a promotion to apply for, it would be nice to have a secondary box that allows you to select the categories you don't want it to apply for. This would really help as many of our customers have hundreds of categories, and selecting each one just to not allow a few categories takes forever. I know there is a workaround with excluding Manufacturers where you can create a new one and assign all those products to that, but it starts getting messy.

43 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Customers Who Ordered This Item Also Ordered...

I've moved a few clients over to 3D Cart and am in the process of moving more... one client currently has a cart that shows customers what other items people who bought a given item also bought. Overall 3D Cart is a much better platform, but it would be great if you could add this feature. Related (random or picked) items is one thing, but this is a step better I think.

34 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to report that we have reviewed this idea and we feel that it would be a good addition to the 3dcart platform and be beneficial to many users. Therefore, we have decided to tentatively place the idea on our planning roadmap. We cannot yet say when it will be finalized and added to the store software, but we are definitely considering it for addition to the 3dcart suite of services and functions.

• Non-Stackable Error Message Needed

When coupons are set to be non-stackable and someone tries to enter more than one, I think a error message should pop up stating that only one coupon is allowed per order. Right now people keep trying and then complain that the system doesn't work.

26 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Feature to Allow BOGO Half Off Multiple Products or Entire Store in Promo Manager

Right now you can only do BOGO half off with 1 item in store at a time or you can do 50% off entire cart.
              Competitors allow BOGO Half off where you purchase 1 regular priced item and receive 50% Promo on 2nd item of equal or lessor value.
              This is a very popular Retail Promo. Would love to be able to do this in my 3dcart store.
              Thank you,
              Lori

22 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Add Discount -Applies- to Products from these Manufacturers

Add to the existing "Discount doesn't Apply to Products from these Manufacturers:"
                -Applies-
                It is quite difficult for those with many different manufacturers to add to the list those that do not apply to the promotion, would be helpful to list only those that do apply for special promotions on that item or group.

22 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Redeem Points During Checkout for a Dollar Amount Off

The ability to redeem points during checkout for a dollar amount off. ie: 50 points = $1 off, 500 Points = $10 off, etc.

The current system for redeeming points for gift certificates is too bulky and confusing for customers.

This is a common feature among other shopping cart providers, and something that 3dcart is really lacking...

19 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Gift Certificate

I think it would be great if 3D Cart added expiration dates for gift certificates... We would like our gift certificates to expire after 1 year, but that is not currently possible. The only way we can currently make it work is to create a 1 use coupon code, but that is not efficient or as profesional.

14 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Make Rewards program "fraud" proof

In 3dcart, rewards are immediately posted to the customers account. If the customer is placing a fraudulent order (or if for any other reason the order needs to be cancelled or returned), the customer can immediate use the reward points.

In our previous cart (volusion), we could define the reward points to be assigned on a certain number of days after shipping the order. Since our return window was 30 days, we set the reward points to be added to the customer account 45 days after the order shipped. Would love to see similar procautions implemented in the 3dcart reward…

13 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Automatically Add Coupon To Cart via Query String URL Parameter

Many if not most promotions these days (and 90% of mine for the past ten years) are handled via newsletter and social media links that direct a user to a landing page such as a product or category page on a website store. As such it is always easier for the customer to purchase directly from a link that automatically adds a coupon discount code to the cart (and obviously validates it first before doing so) by grabbing the code from the url query string and not relying or expecting the customer to also note down the coupon code and…

12 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Promotion exclusion list

It would be very nice to have an exclusion list for individual products when creating a promotion. Currently you can only exclude an item by manufacturer, but sometimes it's nice to have a sale where only a few things are not included. Example, something that is already marked down or a specific manufacturers gift card that should not be discounted. This would also work nicely as a tool for free shipping coupons when you need to exclude a few items that would have to ship via freight truck.

Thank you!!

11 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• A way to combine several coupons into one. xx% on this, and yy% on that, or 5 on $50, and $10 on 100 with one coupon.

Would be great to have an auto coupon combiner. We can generate several coupons, put them into the Generator, and out comes one code that would apply all of them.
                            Currently it is impossible to do varied discounts. xx on this, yy on that, and a free item with $xx, without having the customer enter three or four coupons codes, which is not practical.
                            The other option is to be able to apply the coupons through a link, like from a mailer, and string all the coupon codes together separated with a comma.
                            You can easily do 5 on 50,…

11 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Active multiple Group Deals at the same time.

Active multiple Group Deals at the same time. Not limited to one group deal at a time.

9 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix promotion manager

Fix the section under "Promotion Rules" titled "Applies if these Products are in the Basket". Right now if more than one product is selected there the entire promo won't work and acts the same as if there are 0 products selected there. Make it so that multiple products are there. For example if a customer buys item "A", "B" or "C" they get a free item "D". Right now I would have to set up three promotions to make this work. With a fix I could do it with one promotion.

8 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Simply Sales, Banners, set up/dismantling

We need a one page set up for sales and banners, without going to various categories/pages to do the same thing over and over....One page with places to check where we want the banner/sale info. to show up....and One page to dismantle the sale/banner postings.

8 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Promotions

It would be nice to be able see the Coupon/Promo Code on the main Promotion Manager page that lists all the promos.
                                    Right now you have to click on each individual promo to see the code.

7 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Free shipping promo needs to calculate separate from other promos

Right now, we have a "Free US Shipping" promo set for orders over $150. Sometimes, we do other promos, such as 20% off a certain category of products. When we do this, the free shipping applies to orders over $150 BEFORE the discount of the 20% off promo. So effectively, the customer gets free shipping but their total is only $120 after the discount.

The free shipping should be calculated on the total AFTER other discounts.... not the subtotal.

This really needs to get fixed as it makes us gun-shy about offering any promos at all.

6 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Limitations on "stackable" promotion coupon codes

You guys really need to add an option in the Promotion Manager section, where we can limit the amount of promotions to be used at one time. I want customers to be able to "stack" promotions, but I also want to limit them, because they can easily get other "stackable" promotion codes from friends, etc.. and use those to stack as well to create an even greater discount. We are currently giving separate discount codes to individuals that are allowed to be stacked (up to 5 discount codes. and I only give them up to 5 codes maximum), but if…

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• coupon

Add an option for the promotion % off to be based on the list price. For example, on Feb 29th, we wanted to put everything in the store at 29% off the list price (so if our current price is 10% off of list price it would be the different between the 10 and 29% and if our current price is 30% off of list price, no additional discount would be applied).

It is very typical in our industry to have discounts based on list price.

We were able to run this same promotion on our other shopping card platform,…

5 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base