Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. phone order paid via email invoice

I'd love it if there was a way to create a phone order for a customer (usually with custom specific items that are not the same or have a variation from what is offered in the store). And once the order is created with the correct price, shipping, etc, I can email the order to the customer for them to complete online payment through my store. This would be an added security to the customer because most of them do not wish to give credit card information over the phone for me to enter to process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Product Option Template list needs to be sorted alphabetically

Product Option Template list should be sorted alphabetically, not be when the template was created. That makes it very difficult to find a template and edit it. The alphabetical sorting is already done when you add a product and select use a template, the list of available templates comes up then sorted alphabetically, however the main list of templates under product list, option templates does not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recurring Orders Failure Email and Bill again

They system currently does not send the customer an email when their recurring order fails. Credit Cards are like fruit, they go bad or change over time. The store should send a customer an email when the recurring order fails and provides a link to change their credit card. Then the store would rerun the order to keep the customer subscribed. In competing systems, (Modular Merchant) they try to bill the customer 3 times before it gives up. We are trying to retain customers. If the store doesn't send them an email when the recurring order fails, how would the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Order status tabs

Order status tabs do not update/sync for minutes to hours some times. I actually sent in a ticket and was told that this is normal. How can it be normal? If you are using the 3dcart interface to process orders - having the status of orders not up date means you do not have accurate information inside the dash board. This is an inconvenience for one person doing orders, but it is confusing if others are as well. This needs to be fixed so status updates immediately.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Amazon Shipping tracking

Amazon has become a carrier just like UPS or Fed Ex(as a matter of fact, Amazon has shipped more packages than Fed Ex in2019) When you add the Amazon tracking number to the current order page, the 3dcart module does not track the package for Amazon Shipments. Please add Amazon Shipping to your tracking system....I think we can all agree that Amazon is not going away;)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add status (label, not number) to order export

When exporting orders, we would love to have the status (Processing, Hold, etc) as a field we could include in the export. Would make analysis that we do outside of 3dCart much easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Block Unsubscribed Customer From Syncing To Mailchimp

Add a setting to the mailchimp module that prevents unsubscribed customers from being synced over to mailchimp.

Mailchimps new pricing is by plan & the number of "contacts" you have. "Contacts" include both subscribed & unsubscribed customers. No reason to pay for extra for unsubscribed contacts.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Carousel Image Alt Tag Field

Add alt tag fields in the admin for each carousel image!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To be able to update an order and have it automatically update the order in Avalara Avatax

Currently when an order is placed, that is the only time that the order data is communicated to Avatax. It would be great if any order changes made after this would also be sent to Avatax so that Avatax would have the same data as 3dcart.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Canonical URL To Category Settings

For sites that have large catalogs, chances are there will be subcategories under multiple category sections. Please add canonical url fields to the category seo settings so that we can engage in proper seo behavior on the site, and minimize duplicate content in the search engines eyes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Product Options Template screen to show the list of Products using the Linked Template

Currently on the Product Option Template screen it tells you how many products are linked to a template but you can not extract that information. It would be ideal if you could simply click on the # of Products and a list is shown that can be easily downloaded into a CSV

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feature Requests

I was just about to submit a request for an enhancement to the Export feature, but it looks like that would be futile. I've been a customer for several years, but just found out about this area because I suggested a couple of improvements as part of a tech support issue. They pointed me here. Now that I'm in this section, I see that most suggestions are "Declined" because "This idea is being closed due to inactivity and lack of interest (number of supporters) on it." I've got to believe that most customers are in my situation of not knowing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. automatically format customer review photos to be smaller and web friendly

automatically format customer review photos to be smaller and web friendly. currently it lets customers upload huge photo files and slows down our site and penalizes it in page speed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Specific Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. draft

At this time when we create new products they immediately become visible on the site. I would like to request that we have the ability to leave the product in a Draft Status until we are ready for that product to be seen and purchased. While in Draft it would be necessary to be able to Preview the product. This Draft Status would also apply to adding products in bulk using the upload feature. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sort Custom Shipping Methods & update values via csv

There are numerous requests for importing data into 3d Cart and they all seem to be reliant upon them being voted on rather than looking at them on their merits and determining as programmer that this is a viable option.

One such option would be to allow users to import ANY data set that currently requires manual setup.

Custom Shipping is an arduous task that would be better suited to manual import from a csv where the user can control the data set more effectively. They can identify duplication or redundancies.

The ability to export the existing Custom Shipping Methods…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add feature to View Options on Quick Cart window

When the Quick Cart feature is used, it displays the Product and Quantity and Price, but if there are options associated with the Product, the customer can't see them there. They have to wait until the next Checkout page where they have to click a small link (View/Hide Options) for them to click to see the options they chose.

1.) Include View/Hide Options on Quick Cart
    2.) Automatically expand View/Hide Options on the Checkout page so that they don't have to click the link. This is important because if they've chosen the wrong options this is their last chance to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When adding images to DropImage, put cursor focus in the Search box

When I use the DropImage feature when creating a Product, when I click on Select Image, the image browser opens up but the cursor is not placed in the Search field/box. This means that each time I have to manually click the mouse into that field. Also, each time I click on Select Image, I am forced into two more mouse clicks because I have to choose between Edit Path or Select Image. A suggestion would be to offer those two choices as separate items right on that Option Screen.

So the ideal would be to click once for Select…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Discontinued Product Checkbox

it would be great to have a checkbox in the Product 'Information' tab for "DISCONTINUED"

This could do two things.....

Firstly; it would become a field in the CSV file so that you can quickly identify discontinued stock that are still active i.e has stock, not hidden and available for sale

The second thing would be a way of having a message attached to the flag to tell customers that the product is being discontinued with an optional message telling them if there is a replacement item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Partial refunds on paypal express:

Partial payment on Paypal Express: You should have the box for the partial payment amount before you give the warning of "Are you sure you want to refund this transaction?" It implies you are going to refund the entire amount.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full Page Width Header that Doesn't Take Place of Logo Like Global Header

Requesting a header that runs the full page width for merchants to display free shipping or other promo information. Different than Global Header in that it wouldn't take the place of the logo and wouldn't be limited to just that section of the header.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base