Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block Unsubscribed Customer From Syncing To Mailchimp

Add a setting to the mailchimp module that prevents unsubscribed customers from being synced over to mailchimp.

Mailchimps new pricing is by plan & the number of "contacts" you have. "Contacts" include both subscribed & unsubscribed customers. No reason to pay for extra for unsubscribed contacts.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add Canonical URL To Category Settings

For sites that have large catalogs, chances are there will be subcategories under multiple category sections. Please add canonical url fields to the category seo settings so that we can engage in proper seo behavior on the site, and minimize duplicate content in the search engines eyes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bot Blocker

3dCart needs a module that will auto block bots coming from AWS and other 3rd party scrapper services. I get tired of seeing bots crawling the site every day. Blocking them is a huge time waster as it requires opening a ticket with 3dCart and asking for the server log. The only bots I need crawling the site are legitimate search engines.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Image Alt Tags

Add a field to each image attached to a product that allows us to enter our own alt tag description.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [BUG] Enable on screen keyboard when a bluetooth barcode scanner is connected

Currently, the POS App does not let you enable the onscreen keyboard when a bluetooth barcode reader is connected.

This is what I expect should happen:
    https://i.stack.imgur.com/YmtIx.gif

However, the bar at the bottom of the screen is not visible in the POS App. Please fix this so I can still type in a SKU if my barcode does not exist in the database.

I realize this is a feature request area, but the support team told me to post here for some reason. This is a BUG not a FEATURE.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Internet Sale tax

With the Supreme Court case of South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. many states are now requiring the collection of sales tax on internet sales.
    Each state has its own sales threshold in which you need to start collecting said taxes. I would like to suggest that when you configure your store's state tax settings, that you have the ability to enter the transaction count threshold and revenue threshold for each state. And when one of these set thresholds are reached the store automatically starts collecting that states set tax rate.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When adding related products

A recommendation for the new admin panel:
    When adding related products, the pop up window should be able to be moved anywhere on the desktop and additional products from that window should be able to be chosen without that window closing. Both of these recommendations are currently available on the legacy admin panel. This will prevent many unnecessary clicks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 Improvements to the Affiliate Program

The affiliate program has great potential. Currently, it does not equip nor inspire affiliates to engage customers. With three improvements, it can become a very powerful marketing tool.

BACKGROUND: The affiliate link for sharing via text, email and social media is the portion of the website embed code between the quotation marks. For example, if the website embed code is <a href="https://shop.gonmf.com/?AffId=13"> the affiliate share code is https://shop.gonmf.com/?AffId=13.

OPPORTUNITY: To equip and motivate a salesforce to aggressively sell by sharing the affiliate link via text, email, FB Messenger, Instagram, etc.

PROBLEM: Many affiliates (sales people) don't know…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When responding to a CRM

When responding to a crm it is natural for me to hit Save out of habit. This is lost if the submit option is there, which is often hidden at the bottom of the screen with your chat room logo hiding it. Would be nice if if responded to the CRM that it was not lost after typing. or that the save sent this along as in an initial CRM

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. THE WYSIWYG DOES NOT WORK. HOW ABOUT FIXING IT I PAY FOR IT TO WORK AND YOU DON'T FIX IT. NOTHING I TYPE IN SHOWS UP THE SAME ON THE SITE.

THE WYSIWYG DOES NOT WORK. YOU KNOW IT DOESN'T WORK. HOW ABOUT FIXING IT? I PAY FOR IT TO WORK AND YOU DON'T FIX IT. NOTHING I TYPE IN SHOWS UP THE SAME ON THE SITE. This is not ok, I cannot make a site if the wissy doesn't work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Product Qestions & Answers SKU Issue

Why is there no mention of the part number/SKU within the entire question and answer thread for a given product?
    With over 3500 items, some with very similar names, the SKU is very important to our referencing/locating any given product.
    Let's fix this.
    What say you?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Discontinued landing page we can point products to. Then we avoid 301 redirects / error pages

A simple button to click "Discontinued" on a product page in the back end, and a CSV header for bulk operations. Then we can modify the look of the DISCO page to match our site. Then when a customer goes to that item they will see the old listing minus pricing etc. but it will be ghostly looking like grayed out or ghost flames and a discontinued stamp on it with a little note if desired.. This would save time and avoid errors and redirects for products that are DISCO.. It would just make life easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to save product sorting data when uploading updates using API

Currently when updating our site using API's we lose the product sorting data. The products in their respective categories are no longer sorted correctly and make the web page look sloppy and unprofessional. We have spent numerous hours restoring the sorting data. Very unhappy with this outcome

There needs to be a way that the product sorting data is kept and can be exported/imported via API while uploading updates so the sorting doesn't get erased like it does now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Phone # Logins

Allow customers to create account with email OR phone number.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add phone number seperation to zip code

Add separation to phone number on form.
    example: 541-968-2164 vs. what it is right now: 5419682164

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sort Categories Attached To A Product

Add the ability to sort the order of the categories that are attached to a product. The breadcrumb trail uses the first category as its path. To correct this we need to DELETE all categories off the product, then add all categories back with the main one as the first category.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Full country name displayed rather than 2 letter country codes

Hi, 3dCart currently displays countries as a 2 letter code. It would be far more convenient if the country was displayed as a full name. This is due to several reasons, most shipping companies require the name written in full. Also Quickbooks doesn't recognize a 2 Letter country code.

I know this is not necessarily a wide spread issue but it should be an easy change either by replacing the country code with country name or simply by setting country name as one of the variables available for export so the proper information can be brought into other programs.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dynamic Promo Codes - Restricted To Email Address

Add a feature for generating dynamic coupon codes for certain events and restricting the code to the customers email address.

Examples Of Use:

Abandoned cart saver - A dynamic code will be generated and will be sent in the email and restricted to that customers email.

Customer signs up to the newsletter - Dynamic code sent in newsletter confirmation email and restricted to that customers email.

Customer leaves a product review - Dynamic code sent in email after customer leaves a review and restricted to that customers email.

There are many other scenarios where this would be good for, but…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep Items in List which are Reset to Quantity of Zero

We manually edit an order and set the quantity to 0 for an item if we find it has been discontinued or is out of stock (we tell the customer to reorder this item since we don't manage back orders). We would like to have the option of keeping this item in the list so that it appears on the final Shipped notification that is sent to the customer (so that they don't ask us where the item went). Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base