Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. automatically format customer review photos to be smaller and web friendly

automatically format customer review photos to be smaller and web friendly. currently it lets customers upload huge photo files and slows down our site and penalizes it in page speed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile Specific Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort Custom Shipping Methods & update values via csv

There are numerous requests for importing data into 3d Cart and they all seem to be reliant upon them being voted on rather than looking at them on their merits and determining as programmer that this is a viable option.

One such option would be to allow users to import ANY data set that currently requires manual setup.

Custom Shipping is an arduous task that would be better suited to manual import from a csv where the user can control the data set more effectively. They can identify duplication or redundancies.

The ability to export the existing Custom Shipping Methods…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add feature to View Options on Quick Cart window

When the Quick Cart feature is used, it displays the Product and Quantity and Price, but if there are options associated with the Product, the customer can't see them there. They have to wait until the next Checkout page where they have to click a small link (View/Hide Options) for them to click to see the options they chose.

1.) Include View/Hide Options on Quick Cart
    2.) Automatically expand View/Hide Options on the Checkout page so that they don't have to click the link. This is important because if they've chosen the wrong options this is their last chance to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When adding images to DropImage, put cursor focus in the Search box

When I use the DropImage feature when creating a Product, when I click on Select Image, the image browser opens up but the cursor is not placed in the Search field/box. This means that each time I have to manually click the mouse into that field. Also, each time I click on Select Image, I am forced into two more mouse clicks because I have to choose between Edit Path or Select Image. A suggestion would be to offer those two choices as separate items right on that Option Screen.

So the ideal would be to click once for Select…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Product Option Template list needs to be sorted alphabetically

Product Option Template list should be sorted alphabetically, not be when the template was created. That makes it very difficult to find a template and edit it. The alphabetical sorting is already done when you add a product and select use a template, the list of available templates comes up then sorted alphabetically, however the main list of templates under product list, option templates does not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discontinued Product Checkbox

it would be great to have a checkbox in the Product 'Information' tab for "DISCONTINUED"

This could do two things.....

Firstly; it would become a field in the CSV file so that you can quickly identify discontinued stock that are still active i.e has stock, not hidden and available for sale

The second thing would be a way of having a message attached to the flag to tell customers that the product is being discontinued with an optional message telling them if there is a replacement item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Partial refunds on paypal express:

Partial payment on Paypal Express: You should have the box for the partial payment amount before you give the warning of "Are you sure you want to refund this transaction?" It implies you are going to refund the entire amount.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Full Page Width Header that Doesn't Take Place of Logo Like Global Header

Requesting a header that runs the full page width for merchants to display free shipping or other promo information. Different than Global Header in that it wouldn't take the place of the logo and wouldn't be limited to just that section of the header.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. phone order paid via email invoice

I'd love it if there was a way to create a phone order for a customer (usually with custom specific items that are not the same or have a variation from what is offered in the store). And once the order is created with the correct price, shipping, etc, I can email the order to the customer for them to complete online payment through my store. This would be an added security to the customer because most of them do not wish to give credit card information over the phone for me to enter to process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. option to make coupon codes and reward points NON-STACKABLE to products marked on sale

If I make a product on sale (by going to product page and check marking the on sale box), customers should not be able to use a coupon code on the sale price to get additional savings. There should be an option to make the coupon code be off of the regular price, not the sale price.

And in addition to that, if someone is part of the rewards program and they have earned enough points to redeem X% off their purchase, that X% should be based on the regular price and not any sale prices, OR ALLOW US TO…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the delivery estimate module (CRITICAL for ALL USERS)

The new shipping estimate module does two very problematic things that potentially affect all 3dcart users.

1) The 3dcart developers have it set so that delivery estimate module still quotes how quickly the item can ship even if the product has a “backorder” status! In other words, where the system would normally display "backorder" (as in, you can’t get it shipped today), the module makes the product display “you can get it as early as tomorrow!”. Clearly these two things are at odds and can cause extreme customer frustration.

2) It does not coordinate with the restrictive shipping module. If

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Amazon Shipping tracking

Amazon has become a carrier just like UPS or Fed Ex(as a matter of fact, Amazon has shipped more packages than Fed Ex in2019) When you add the Amazon tracking number to the current order page, the 3dcart module does not track the package for Amazon Shipments. Please add Amazon Shipping to your tracking system....I think we can all agree that Amazon is not going away;)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add option to set up redirects from my 3D cart domain to 3rd party websites.

I want to have a link in my marketing that is a simple link like my3dcartstore.com/review that redirects to my Amazon store.

I have a store hosted with Shopify where is took 2 seconds and I was able to put a nice short link on a postcard.

No option to do this in 3dcart so I have to make a page on 3dcart that has a link to Amazon, then do trickery to turn my3dcartstore.com/review into an unmapped URL so that I could set up a redirect. Even doing a straight redirect didn’t work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Override Shipping Markup if Free Shipping

If merchant offers free shipping above a certain amount, but has any shipping markup on items, that markup is currently still applied after free shipping and customer does not actually get free shipping.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create an app so we can manage our stores easily on smaller screens.

It would be helpful to have an app that displays the back end information in small screen format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Specific Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Exclusion List Improvements

Exclusion lists are painful to maintain. Two things would really help
    (1) count of exclusions for each shipping method. This would make it easy to spot which shipping methods need exclusions or if the counts don't match then we know we don't have the right exclusions. Currently we have to go into each one to check.
    (2) Display all the states/provinces for the selected country and just have check boxes for us to check off all the excluded ones rather than having to add manually from the list one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add status (label, not number) to order export

When exporting orders, we would love to have the status (Processing, Hold, etc) as a field we could include in the export. Would make analysis that we do outside of 3dCart much easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add the ability to interface a credit card reader on phone orders

We're a windows/android base operation and no need to purchase on iPad for 3dcarts POS system. We process walk in orders as a phone order - it would be nice to either integrate paypal here so we can use their card reader or some other 3rd party credit card reader, in lieu of manually typing in credit card numbers in the virtual terminal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Price Editor - Select Multiple Sub Categories

Allow us to select multiple sub categories when using the price editor tool. Silly that we can only select one at a time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base