Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Split Shipment when from multiple distributors

When an order is made with items from 2 or more distributors, 3dcart places them all into 1 shipment in the admin backend, currently we need to manually spit the shipment to be able to send the multiple tracking numbers for each part of the order

Do not understand the logic behind this current methodology. if more than 1 distributor used for an order, then obviously more than 1 shipment, really hard to set up dropshipping like this as is

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Customer lookup filters on Phone Orders

The lookup filters on the Customer list page is great. It is pretty clumsy on the Phone Orders page where we are on the firing line to keep moving with the customer. Can the great lookup from the customer page be incorporated into the Phone Order page? That sure would make things easier for us when talking to someone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Distibutor Item # and shipping cost in New Order - Distributor Email

I need to send the distributor their item number in the new order email as well as the shipping cost for their shipment as calculated by 3dcart

We can enter the MPN in the product listing but we need a way to include them in the email sent to the vendor in the new order email as well as the shipping cost so as to confirm their rate will not differ greatly from what was charged to the customer

searched in the forums and see many people over the years asking for the variables to use to include this much…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store Email Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email templates

When 3d updates the email templates it would be nice to preview the new template, not just the changes from the old template to the new template. AS a user who customizes my emails, I would want to see straight away what your standard new template looks like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store Email Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Home page customization

Currently there is limited flexibility on the placement of products on the "Featured Products" for the homepage. It would be great to have it set up like categories where you can default to options or use a numbered priority for placement of products. Many times I want to feature products "above the fold" where they are more visible as I have written an article and I want the product on the top or for sales. The options given don't easily allow that like the categories options do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Coupon Code for New Users Only

A coupon code that works only for new users, to engage new users with a really good offer. As the main platforms do (spotify, uber eats, etc).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow First Name, Last Name

Allow First Name, Last Name vs. the current Last Name, First Name. I am ordering from various distributors and end up having to manually type every name instead of simply being able to copy/paste. First, Last is intuitive and best for shipping purposes. Please either change or allow it to be an option in setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Setting to require 2FA in Store Manager Admin

If would be great if there was a setting that would require our users to enable 2FA on their accounts in Store Manager Admin. We have a security policy in place that requires users to have 2FA on their accounts. However with 100+ user logins across 3 stores, it is difficult to manage. Especially since they are able to turn it off themselves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Randomize Related Products with Manual Overide.

The randomizing related products module is very helpful as it is time consuming to add related products for every product with a large number of item store. However, it would be VERY improved to be able to add related products manually when it's highly applicable and have those manually entered options (when present) supersede randomization as an IF/THEN action. This would allow the best of both worlds instead of current behaviour which is either manual or random.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reflect Store Credit as a line item similar to discounts

When 'applying' a store credit, show the store credit as a line-item in the Invoice (similar to how discounts are shown). This way, when the invoice is transferred to QuickBooks (or other accounting system), we can easily see the store credit when trying to reconcile the credit card deposit with the invoices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quick Books Connector

Enhance the Quick Books Connector Module to support Advanced Inventory features and the synchronization of Inventory for Assembly Items. Specifically:

1. Allow the SELECTION of a Warehouse for Sales (and Inventory quantity updates). Currently, QuickBooks will classify ANY sales without this information as being sold from the Unspecified Site – resulting in negative quantities.

2. Allow the UPDATE of quantity on hand for Inventory Assemblies as well as Inventory Parts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Repeat Customer

Repeat Customer - Currently you have to click the customer's name to see their order history but it would be nice when an order comes in if there was a simple visual way to see if this a repeat customer. Perhaps something like a Star or text letting you know this customer has purchased from you before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. IPv6 Block & Country Block

I'd like to block IPv6 address in addition to traditional IPs.

Moreover, I'd like to block visitors in certain countries from accessing our site. (note that it's not just to decline their orders at checkout, we don't want those visitors in certain countries from accessing the site at all.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CRM Use Names instead of STAFF

When reviewing which CRM's are for which salesperson etc. Include The responsible person instead of the word STAFF

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. See new order details for each order without having to scroll over each order

When looking at new order listings, it would be very convenient if we could see the details for each order without having to scroll over each order and wait for the details to appear. Perhaps 3dCart could develop a toggle switch to go from the current format to a more expanded version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Checkout Questions with more detailed control

It would be very useful, and seemingly simple to implement, an expanded set of controls for when Checkout Questions are triggered. Currently we're only able to trigger a Checkout Question based on Product Categories in the cart/order.

I would appreciate this control down to specific products. Additionally, I'd also like to trigger a Checkout Question when a product or Product Category is missing from the cart/order.

For example: I want to give a free T-shirt to orders that are not already purchasing a T-shirt, and therefore need to ask their shirt size (but only if they do not have a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clickable Links in CRM Responses

Would like to be able to provide clickable links within a CRM response so that customer doesn't have to copy and paste into a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ApplePay and Google Pay with Authorize.net

We use Authorize.net for payments and would like to be able to use GPay and Apple Pay without having to add Stripe as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A declined status needed for Autoships

When an Autoship order is due to process again but the charge is declined my cart makes a new order but it places that order in the “Unpaid” status and it sends the customer the Unpaid email. In your KB it states that the Unpaid status is mainly used for offline orders so I don't understand why you don't have a separate “Declined” status for recurring orders that are declined by the customer's cc company.

In my cart I changed the name of the status Unpaid to Declined and I changed the Unpaid email notification wording so it tells the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. one time promotion tracking

In order for one time per customer promotions to be enforced it seems the customer has to have an account. Nonregistered customers can use one time promos repetitievly. It would be helpfull if one time promotion were tracked, at least by email or name, for any customer. as forcing customers to create accounts sometimes results in lost sales.
    Thanks for your attention

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base