Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tags

It would be extremely helpful for the software to allow the user to activate other tags as well, rather than just the ‘SALE’ image. I would like to see these buttons added as options to activate/deactivate:

Discounted
    Special
    Most Popular
    Reduced Price
    Closeout
    Limited Qty
    NEW
    Best Seller

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Show expected delivery date on the shipping method when checking out.

Like Amazon, I would like to show the customer the expected delivery date, or range of dates (Deliver by August 10 to August 15, 2015), per each shipping method, so the customer can choose the best shipping method, based on when he need it to be delivered.
    Also display this on the order confirmation page, and email.
    This should be manged on the admin under each shipping method, give the ability to enter the number or rage of days that the order expected to be delivered from the order date.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  8 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Promotion Manager: Ability to exclude a "category" for a promotion

Instead of having to select all the categories you want a promotion to apply for, it would be nice to have a secondary box that allows you to select the categories you don't want it to apply for. This would really help as many of our customers have hundreds of categories, and selecting each one just to not allow a few categories takes forever. I know there is a workaround with excluding Manufacturers where you can create a new one and assign all those products to that, but it starts getting messy.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  10 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CREDIT CARD TYPE

Customers very often pick the wrong credit card brand. Why not let 3dCart look at the number to determine the branding of the card?

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add-on items

There is a similar post here that was declined for lack of interest, but I believe having add-on items similar to amazon would be very helpful. Some items just don't logistically make sense to ship by themselves but can easily be added into another box if something else is being purchased.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reply to Product Reviews

We'd like to be able to reply to our product reviews. With an option to reply so that anyone can see it or the option to reply in a private message. Sometimes we just want to say thanks. Other times we want to address issues a customer might have voiced in the review.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Redeem Points During Checkout for a Dollar Amount Off

The ability to redeem points during checkout for a dollar amount off. ie: 50 points = $1 off, 500 Points = $10 off, etc.

The current system for redeeming points for gift certificates is too bulky and confusing for customers.

This is a common feature among other shopping cart providers, and something that 3dcart is really lacking...

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  11 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Taxjar Integration

Please consider adding Taxjar to your sales tax area. I currently use it with my ebay, amazon, shopify sites, and it is awesome. Definitely needed, and more automated than avalara. Thank you, Andrew

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  16 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Install Free SSL Certs from Let's Encrypt

Hi

Shopify is providing free SSL certificates to all their online stores via the Let's Encrypt program.

https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/

Can 3dcart sign up and do the same for all storeholders?

Sue

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  2 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Phone Order Customer Search fails with company names while Customer page search works with these?

Please index all customer fields for search. Bringing up customers is proving problematic for phone orders.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sitemap allow Google image indexing

When asking Aaron H about google images indexing, he said 3dCart sitemap does not have this feature essentially, but I could make my on sitemap. if I pay for a service, I would expect it to have the basics. maybe this is a feature that was overlooked in the development of 3dCart. Please make it so that all my 3dCart images are included in the sitemap for Google indexing purposes.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back the Graph that compared Last year's sales.

We need the graph it used to show on the previous version on the Dashboard.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gift Certificates should require an email address

Email on Gift Certificate product page should be required. I am told that it is not because the because the customer might be buying it for themselves. The problem with that is that if they check out anonymously, no one gets a gift certification and that results in an unhappy customer. I am sure if the customer wants it emailed to themselves, they wouldn't mind typing in their email address.

Here is what I am told happens today.

1) if an email is entered on the gift certificate page, the gift certificate is emailed to that address
    2) If no…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update Store Blog Features

It would be nice if the Store Blog had some additional features like a subscription button (not the one for newsletters), a search feature so your customers can search blog entries, ability to add widgets and other fun stuff to make the store blog more up to date and user-friends, especially for the customers. The idea is to get them in the store - even if through the blog!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Non-Stackable Error Message Needed

When coupons are set to be non-stackable and someone tries to enter more than one, I think a error message should pop up stating that only one coupon is allowed per order. Right now people keep trying and then complain that the system doesn't work.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. POS App for Android, not just iPad

Please please please make your POS App for Android as well as iPad. We have sales reps out in the field whom I would LOVE to be able to use the app but there is no way I'm shelling out that much extra money to supply them all with iProducts. Seriously guys, more than 50% of the world uses Android over Apple. Just from a sales standpoint you would be losing out on a ton of upsells.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  6 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide an Etsy integration

Etsy is a large marketplace for handmade items and craft supplies. Provide an integration that allows posting of listings, retrieval of orders, posting of tracking numbers, automated post renewals, and closes listings when out of stock.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  9 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Feature to Allow BOGO Half Off Multiple Products or Entire Store in Promo Manager

Right now you can only do BOGO half off with 1 item in store at a time or you can do 50% off entire cart.
    Competitors allow BOGO Half off where you purchase 1 regular priced item and receive 50% Promo on 2nd item of equal or lessor value.
    This is a very popular Retail Promo. Would love to be able to do this in my 3dcart store.
    Thank you,
    Lori

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. pintrest buy now button

BigCommerce and other platforms have this new feature

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Affiliate Commission Calculation

The affiliate commission is currently calculated on the gross subtotal, prior to any discounts that may be used. The same problem was identified as a fix in v6 for the Customer reward points module, and being that this is the same logical flow, this should also be corrected ASAP. Affiliate commission should only be based on the net order (prior to shipping & tax) and after any applicable discounts used. If a customer's subtotal is $100 and they have a 20% discount coupon, the affiliate commission should be based on $80, not $100, as is currently calculated.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base