How can we improve 3dcart?

phone order

When placing a phone order and adding an item, to page is forwarded otthe review tab. I would prefer it stays on the Item tab to allow you add another item. Currently the process is add item>review> (Now I have to click back on the item tab to add another item)

65 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JasonJason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally - I think the phone order page(s) needs to be revamped into maybe a one page form - this going through several pages and options only makes it more difficult and time consuming and if nothing else move the continue or next button to the top and not the bottom of the page.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Colleen refers to cursor focus- I agree 100% If we have cursor focus and remain on the item page, you could barcode in items as quickly as you can pull the trigger or slide the item past a scanner. The current plan is archaic and needs an upgrade. A developer developed what they perceived to work- Please listen the people using your software- this is broken and could use a facelift;)

• Colleen PinnigerColleen Pinniger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointing to see that comments about this problem go back over 4 years. Please look at this. It would make our lives (with over 5000 products!) much easier. We want to select the "review" tab when we are finished with the "items" tab. Also to have the cursor return to the search field would be a dream come true.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Draft orders are needed so that you can send the order after filling the cart for the customer to them so they can check out with any of your payment methods. Currently there is no way to do a draft order (an estimate) that contains a check out link. This could be within the phone order area but the creation of this cart/estimate should not count as a sale or an order until the customer checks out.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it would be as simple as making this a "single Page Check out" Drop the tabs all together. I have to assume this would be the fastest solution.

• James HowellJames Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to check the options section WITHOUT having to go to a separate window. If it was a drop down menu that I could check off as needed this would also make the ordering process much more efficient.

• Stephen FasonStephen Fason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add when viewing the previous items you can select check box and qty on the items to reorder and click and add to order button once. As it is now you keep having to go back and forth for each item.

• MatthewMatthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a phone order we are forced to the review screen before we add all the items our customer wants in their cart. So we therefore have to repeatedly go back to the 'add items' for each product they want to order. This slows down the ordering process and is very clunky. Is there a way I can fix this?
        We need to be able to add multiple items then move on to the review and shipping tabs.

• Craig BourqueCraig Bourque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, when using the phone order system, you can only add one item at a time. It would be very efficient to be able to add multiple items (and quantities) at one time instead of having to go back to the "Items" tab after one item is added to add another.

Feedback and Knowledge Base