How can we improve 3dcart?

Time stamps local, not Florida

Friends, we need time stamps to reflect the date and time in the store owner's locality, not in Florida time. The time has come to stop kicking this can down the road.

With more data being exchanged between apps and services, an accurate time stamp is critical to workflow and accuracy.

I am 1 hour behind 3dcart time, and I need this time to be reflected in my time stamps, orders, payments, logs, and reports. File imports and exports are clunky because I have to adjust the time forward and backward to keep records accurate.

This is a very simple request that would make things easier for all users - especially those who run stores outside the US.

24 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dean Peckenpaugh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really doesn't seem like it would be hard to implement. Why isn't 3dcart doing it?

• Dean Peckenpaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also problematic for Promotions and Coupons. If you want a promotion to start or end on a specific day, then you have to factor the unchanging US East time zone into your plan.

The further away from Florida you live, the more inaccurate the timing of your promotion will be.

Feedback and Knowledge Base