How can we improve 3dcart?

Allow the date format to be changed to dd/mm/yyyy for Australian users.

We are getting complaints from our Australian clients regarding confusing date settings. In Australia we use dd/mm/yyyy instead of the default settings of mm/dd/yyyy. All quality international systems allow for date formatting options by the admin. This is very disappointing that you fall short of this.

39 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to report that we have reviewed this idea and we feel that it would be a good addition to the 3dcart platform and be beneficial to many users. Therefore, we have decided to tentatively place the idea on our planning roadmap. We cannot yet say when it will be finalized and added to the store software, but we are definitely considering it for addition to the 3dcart suite of services and functions.

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James ArrowsmithJames Arrowsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest drawback I have found with 3Dcart so far.
        It is already possible on some of the invoice templates to use [odate_day], [odate_month] and [odate_year] instead of the [odate] variable.
        Would be extremely helpful to have these variables available on all pages and emails that use [odate]!

• JodieJodie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just as every other country besides USA uses metric for measurement, we also read our dates differently. If you want more business from other countries like Australia, NZ, UK and others, you need to make it an option, not HARD CODED. In fact most other countries around the world read the date as dd/mm/yy which is known as little-endian see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country
        My customers think we're in USA and are very confused...

• Kevin TearleKevin Tearle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if they could offer a UK, Australia or European template. I have spent so long De-USA'ing my stores it is hard work.

Still then end product is great and Google very much likes 3dCart so that is a real bonus!

• Deanne CoombesDeanne Coombes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I also asked this question as when I blog the date of the blog can be very misleading to us Aussies.
        I have to manually type the date in at the top of my blog just so it is clear.

• SpeshSpesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same issues with our German based store, would love it if we could switch this also.

• ArendArend commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this suggestion, international date, time, weight and number ("," or ".") formats should be a standard feature and required for international business.

Feedback and Knowledge Base