How can we improve 3dcart?

shipping dimensions

3dcart should allow the entry on decimals instead of just integers for the Lenght Width and Height fields.

All of our items require decimal points for these measurements.

16 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Battery shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the previous comments. I have the same problem. I can either let the order go through at an added cost to the customer (which they definitely complain about) or I can waste my time checking and changing each order.

• Renee Petris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently 3dcart rounds the product dimensions in the shipping options section to the nearest integer. For thin/small products this makes a big difference.

If you enter a dimension that 0.5 inches or less, the value is changed to 0. A value of 0.6 inches is rounded to 1.

To use this for packaging purchase we need accurate dimensions. There is a big difference in packing ten 0.5 inch thick items vs. ten 1 inch thick items.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I put in measurements less than 1 inch in the dimensions section of the Shipping Options for a product?

I have been hosed on numerous shipping miscalculations because I can't enter measurements under 1 inch. Some of the products I sell are cake boxes that shipped flat (unassembled). I can only put in Length and Width, Height limits me to 0 inches or 1 inch and up. If someone orders 30 boxes, the height adds up, so I cant just put 0 because UPS recognizes that as nothing as far as dimensions go, but if I put 1 inch, then UPS thinks the box is 30 inches tall and tries to charge $200 for shipping which nobody would even continue their checkout with that quote.

Feedback and Knowledge Base