How can we improve 3dcart?

Show expected delivery date on the shipping method when checking out.

Like Amazon, I would like to show the customer the expected delivery date, or range of dates (Deliver by August 10 to August 15, 2015), per each shipping method, so the customer can choose the best shipping method, based on when he need it to be delivered.
Also display this on the order confirmation page, and email.
This should be manged on the admin under each shipping method, give the ability to enter the number or rage of days that the order expected to be delivered from the order date.

45 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HeatherHeather shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need this for my website. To me this feature would be pretty easy to implement if CanadaPost API provides it already.

I asked 3dCart about it and told me I could always get a custom programming. This custom programming makes no sense whatsoever since I consider it a basic feature.

Besides I'm not the only one who wants this and that code must be already in place somewhere meaning I'd be paying for a "custom" programming that was already written.

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should quote the cost to implement this, and allow 3dCart customers to donate towards this customization. This will help speed up the popular ideas, that will weed out the 'serious ideas' from the unpopular/unrealistic ideas.

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to implement estimated delivery dates for all UPS services. This would need to factor in weekends and holidays. Settings would need to include lead times to ship an item and/or order, cutoff time for same day shipping. Unfortunately everyone is competing against Amazon (Killing many small businesses). This would be a huge sales booster! Everyone calls asking when an order will ship and be delivered, no matter how much we try to note this information on our sites.

• Jim NafusJim Nafus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't just limit this to usps though. This should be done for ups and fedex as well

• Cher NicastroCher Nicastro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the calculation for the range of days could take into account "business days" and we could designate the non working days and holidays for the shipping method.

• MherMher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a USPS time in transit shipping calculator for first class mail, priority mail, and express mail when you make your next upgrade/set of changes. I know you already have one that lets the customer know about the shipping cost, but we need a way for customers to know when they will get their order based on their zip code or country/postal code before they place an order.

Feedback and Knowledge Base