How can we improve 3dcart?

schedule price change

More and more of our vendors restrict us to a minimum advertised price. Some vendors have promotional periods where we are allowed to sell at a lower price for specific dates.

Rather than have us edit the price twice:
Once at the moment the promotion period begins
Then again changing it back at the moment the promotional period is over,

I would rather we be able to set the duration of the promotional price once.

EG have the product sell at normal price up to 8/31/15
Then have it automatically switch to a promotional price on 9/1/15
Then have it automatically switch to a normal price on 10/1/15

I could program it once anytime before the change started with the following data:
promo price
Promo start date
Promo stop date

If we are "not on top of promo pricing" our products are not competitive with other sites that offer the promo pricing.

Having this feature would also help when we get price increases, we could program the increase to kick in on a certain date and remain that way until we change it.

This would cut our price maintenance chores in half.

47 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't even have to be a huge UI change. Just allow the functionality to import the products file and schedule it to process at a certain time instead of immediately.

• CalleyCalley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE!!!!!!!! This is so needed so that site admins do not have to be up at midnight to start/stop sales. Save small business owners and give us our sleep back!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me, this is a basic feature of a cart - being able to control your start/end dates of a sale. In my business I routinely put products on sale only for a set period of time - ie a weekend, a week. In my previous cart this was standard. Now with 3DCart I need to manually go in and turn them off at the end of my sale. This is very inefficient and frustrating.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was one of the main reasons why I closed one of my other 3DCart accounts and have since created a custom site for it. One of my shops is in the medical industry and most of the vendors have MAP policies and certain 'sale' dates that are allowed. This would be an awesome feature to add for these current 3DCart merchants.

• Lite FinocchiaroLite Finocchiaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're rolling out a new price schedule on February 1st, 2016, and this feature would be nice. Something like "schedule price change >> begin date, end date >> save"

• Clint WatsonClint Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Promotion Manager, which can be used to schedule a specific price, will not change the display price on product pages. Scheduling price changes is a must for sellers to keep up with their vendors' MAP policies and Promotion Periods.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, have a bunch of MAP products that often have discounted sales periods. Many of my products have a schedule price increase date as well.. this would be a TREMENDOUS feature imho.

Feedback and Knowledge Base