Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Phone Order Customer Search fails with company names while Customer page search works with these?

Please index all customer fields for search. Bringing up customers is proving problematic for phone orders.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Saved Credit Card on Phone Orders

Currently, if a customer has a saved credit card on their account, it cannot be used as a payment method on the phone order page. It would be very useful to have it available.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have the RMA module authorize a refund through the payment gateway

As noted in the RMA tutorial documentation:
    Important: Any refunds will need to be done manually through your payment gateway/merchant account. 3dcart's RMA process only documents the return for tracking purposes but does not tie into the payment gateway in any way.

You should code in the OPTION to have the RMA module access the payment gateway and issue the refund. Like when you close the RMA, a popup message says "would you like to refund the customer's payment?" and it should probably allow you to enter the amount to be refunded so you can deduct any restocking fees, etc.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. checkout question

THE CHECKOUT QUESTION DROPDOWN/RADIO FEATURE IS FLAWED ....

The checkout questions are pre-determined which means they are pre-selected. This renders the questions useless since the customer doesn't really have to answer the question YET it will show as if they selected the first option.

PLEASE FIX. This issue has been brought up before and declined by other people.

Example of issue:

"How did you find our site?"

Options: Google, Referral, Etc.

Here is the problem. IF NO ONE EVER ANSWERS THE QUESTION IT WILL REGISTER AS IF EVERYONE FOUND THE SITE VIA "GOOGLE" WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. error.asp. Show more error details on uncompleted orders

We see so many uncompleted orders with errors pages presented to the customers. Currently we only see error.asp. Without more details about the error, we are blind to the reason, cause or solution for these errors.

It would be very helpful to see these error details.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow me to see STORE names on my orders

I need to be able to see the name of the STORE who ordered from me, not just the name of the CUSTOMER. Customers (buyers at stores) change frequently so I need the STORE NAME TO SHOW.
    This is a very frustrating thing for me.
    95% of my orders are wholesale from stores, not from individuals.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sorting Items in Shopping Cart (Phone Order interface)

When products are added to the cart in the Phone order console, the ordering is difficult. We often use this to create a quote for one of our customers. We all know how customers are, they want to see it multiple different ways and have PDFs or print outs of each way.

Well, right now as you add products to the cart, they start at the top and work down. This is great and logical. However, when the customer says "Ok I want to see the same order but with this one item changed" we try to duplicate the order…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Flag Orders With Notes

Flag orders where customers have typed in notes in the comment section. Flag the order in the "manage orders" area.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Order status tabs

Order status tabs do not update/sync for minutes to hours some times. I actually sent in a ticket and was told that this is normal. How can it be normal? If you are using the 3dcart interface to process orders - having the status of orders not up date means you do not have accurate information inside the dash board. This is an inconvenience for one person doing orders, but it is confusing if others are as well. This needs to be fixed so status updates immediately.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. phone order paid via email invoice

I'd love it if there was a way to create a phone order for a customer (usually with custom specific items that are not the same or have a variation from what is offered in the store). And once the order is created with the correct price, shipping, etc, I can email the order to the customer for them to complete online payment through my store. This would be an added security to the customer because most of them do not wish to give credit card information over the phone for me to enter to process.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Google Merchant Center Integration Feature

We would like a feature just like eBay and Amazon module integration that allow me to "import" orders automatically and synchronize my products between 3dCart Store and "Google Merchant Center".

Please vote and comment!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. order fulfillment

When we log in to the dashboard and click on Orders>Manage Orders, you list the New Orders. At the right side is the Action drop down box that lets us Edit or Print. Please add FULFILL to this drop down list so we can very quickly go right into pasting in the tracking number and notifying the customer (Rather than clicking to open the order, waiting for it to load, then searching for the fulfill link, and clicking that, and waiting for it to load, and then entering finally being in the right place to enter the data).

A second…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. customer phone number preventing orders from being completed

We have had several instances where customers cannot finalize their order because they get an error stating "Invalid phone number." This may be caused by the customer doing something unusual like using periods instead of dashes to separate the sections of the phone number. Even when corrected, the problem persists as the original entry overrides the corrected entry. This is not due to browser issues. My suggestion is that the phone number field is not sensitive to special characters, format, or any other unusual entry. Please modify the checkout code ASAP so we don't lose more orders.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Customer lookup filters on Phone Orders

The lookup filters on the Customer list page is great. It is pretty clumsy on the Phone Orders page where we are on the firing line to keep moving with the customer. Can the great lookup from the customer page be incorporated into the Phone Order page? That sure would make things easier for us when talking to someone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reflect Store Credit as a line item similar to discounts

When 'applying' a store credit, show the store credit as a line-item in the Invoice (similar to how discounts are shown). This way, when the invoice is transferred to QuickBooks (or other accounting system), we can easily see the store credit when trying to reconcile the credit card deposit with the invoices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. See new order details for each order without having to scroll over each order

When looking at new order listings, it would be very convenient if we could see the details for each order without having to scroll over each order and wait for the details to appear. Perhaps 3dCart could develop a toggle switch to go from the current format to a more expanded version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Partial refunds on paypal express:

Partial payment on Paypal Express: You should have the box for the partial payment amount before you give the warning of "Are you sure you want to refund this transaction?" It implies you are going to refund the entire amount.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add the ability to interface a credit card reader on phone orders

We're a windows/android base operation and no need to purchase on iPad for 3dcarts POS system. We process walk in orders as a phone order - it would be nice to either integrate paypal here so we can use their card reader or some other 3rd party credit card reader, in lieu of manually typing in credit card numbers in the virtual terminal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom transaction fields need to be included on order exports

Time to time, it is necessary to add a custom transaction to an invoice, however these fields are not included on the order exports - this make it tough to reconcile any virtual terminal payments, as these do not appear on phone orders when a off line payment method is used to capture payment later after checkout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base