Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Affiliate Commission Calculation

The affiliate commission is currently calculated on the gross subtotal, prior to any discounts that may be used. The same problem was identified as a fix in v6 for the Customer reward points module, and being that this is the same logical flow, this should also be corrected ASAP. Affiliate commission should only be based on the net order (prior to shipping & tax) and after any applicable discounts used. If a customer's subtotal is $100 and they have a 20% discount coupon, the affiliate commission should be based on $80, not $100, as is currently calculated.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Inventory Control: Allow Waiting List to be offered along with Backorder

We offer backorders and customers use that a lot. However some customers are hesitant, and also offering a waiting list will greatly increase return customers and sales.
    We use the Waiting List on some specific items, like Seasonal items and it works great, however on the majority, allowing backorders is a must. Unfortunately, now backorder and Waiting List are mutually exclusive.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. COMPANY NAMES need to be posted on orders list not just customer names!!

I am very disappointed that this feature is still not available!! I sell primarily WHOLESALE customers, and when I look at the list of all of my orders, I want to be able to see the name of the store/company, not the name of the buyer, since that might change at any time. PLEASE add this!!!

thank you!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. please add a currency converter

please add a currency converter so a user can select their currency and the admin can set the default and currency options. I want to process in default USD, but if someone wants to pay in local currency, you can pull the paypal rate or let us globally select our own rate and it will adjust the site and cart on completing the order. Might be nice to have the field on the dashboard for quick changes and updates.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple Distributors Feature needs Inventory control for each warehouse. Need to be able to split inventories between warehouses.

I have 2 warehouses. The multiple distributor feature has no inventory for each warehouse. This creates a huge inventory control problem.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Gift registry purchases need to be trackable/attributable to registrants

1) As of now, there is no way for people who register for gifts to know who purchased the gifts for them. This seems to me something that is very fundamental for any gift registry.

2) Also there should be a way for people who purchase a gift for someone else through a registry to write them a message and have it show up in the registrants account under the purchased gift.

3) The website admin should be able to see in the order if it was through a registry, and which registry.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multilingual

This idea was brought up a few years ago, and was declined because "Google Translate is sufficient".

However this doesn't take into consideration the SEO implications of having pages in other language(s) which can rank in those localized versions of Google.

Having the ability to host different language versions of the site, that users could freely switch to, would be HUGE from an SEO point of view.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Affiliate Program Registration - Paypal Field

Please add a Paypal (or payment) field for the Affiliate Program registration page (with the website, FEIN / SSN, etc..). Tracking sales and paying the affiliate are the only things that are truly important. There is no where they can put the email they tie to Paypal, Google, etc. for us to pay them.

That's a 911. A "nice but eventually" solution would be to have that auto pay when commissions get to a certain number and let merchants also put their Paypal info in.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why can't there be a column on the order page that shows the fraud alert buttons.

Why can't there be a column on the order page that shows the fraud alert buttons. Since you can print out your orders from the orders page we seldom look at the customer info page unless we need to contact the customer or to past tracking into the order. By then when you see the fraud alert your package has already been drop shipped.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make an option where the customer can elect to ship on their UPS or FedEx account.

Make an option where the customer can elect to ship on their UPS or FedEx account. Some customers only want to use their own accounts as they feel they get better rates than the seller.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Block Unsubscribed Customer From Syncing To Mailchimp

Add a setting to the mailchimp module that prevents unsubscribed customers from being synced over to mailchimp.

Mailchimps new pricing is by plan & the number of "contacts" you have. "Contacts" include both subscribed & unsubscribed customers. No reason to pay for extra for unsubscribed contacts.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. UpSell, Intelligent product recommendations, and bundling options

Firstly 3dCart has done a great job increasing the number of apps available in the store, and version 8 that was recently rolled out is working great! However, there are a couple of features that could take 3dCart to the next level. The ability to bundle products while keeping the original SKU and personalized intelligent upsells.

The Apps listed below are available via Shopify and help merchants to increase sales tremendously. If the app has *** by it, I have not looked into whether or not 3dcart offers it. 

Article 1

1.)Ultimate up sell
    2.)Boost Sales
    3.)Product discount app(Schedule Discounts)
    4.)Smartr…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Carousel Banner Easier to Manage

I would like the Banner Carousel to be easier to manage. I would like to see an easier way to organize/re-organize banners via drag/drop or sorting of some kind. Currently, I have to cut and paste the path location and the URL link in order to change the order in which my banners are displayed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix discounts for recurring orders

Currently the entire discount from the originating order is applied to the recurring order. However, there may be discounts that dont apply to items in the recurring order.

For example: in the initial order, two recurring items are purchased, and a $10 discount is applied to each of those items. One item recurrs every 15 days, the other items recurrs every 30. This gives a $20 discount on the initial order. because the recurring intervals are different for the items ordered, the discount should only be $10 on the recurring order that is generated on day 15. However, the system…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. newsletter remove undelivered emails from mailing list

Have the ability to remove email address from the newsletter list that get a delivery failure notice.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recurring Orders Failure Email and Bill again

They system currently does not send the customer an email when their recurring order fails. Credit Cards are like fruit, they go bad or change over time. The store should send a customer an email when the recurring order fails and provides a link to change their credit card. Then the store would rerun the order to keep the customer subscribed. In competing systems, (Modular Merchant) they try to bill the customer 3 times before it gives up. We are trying to retain customers. If the store doesn't send them an email when the recurring order fails, how would the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Google Customer Reviews now collects reviews for products

Google Customer Reviews now collects reviews for products as well as overall store experience.

It seems like there just a bit of code to add to the check out completed page...
    Code:
    "products": [{"gtin":"GTIN1"}, {"gtin":"GTIN2"}]
    but I am not sure how to pull the correct fields from my 3dcart store.

Please update 3dcart so we can request product reviews as part of Google Customer Reviews.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Daily Deal Module

When I search then select an item to add to the Daily Deal list once the item has been searched and is displayed you have to hit the select button... then I have to go to the very bottom of that list to revise the price.

How about when you select the item it becomes singularly displayed and the price field becomes editable and waiting for a save button to save the change.

it's an unnecessary bunch of extra clicks to select the item then have to go to the bottom of the screen and press >> to get to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Back Key Action

Regarding the Manage Categories/Categories & Subcategories Section.

We will frequently have several products to update inside a common category/subcategory. What we wish to do is to navigate to the category/subcategory/products (may be up to 40 products in the subcategory) make the change then select "back" to make the next change.

Instead of the "back" action returning one level it goes all the way back to the Category/Subcategory Tree forcing us to find and reopen the category and subcategory over and over. This is very time consuming and very frustrating.

Why can't the back key return to the previous Category/Subcategory location…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the delivery estimate module (CRITICAL for ALL USERS)

The new shipping estimate module does two very problematic things that potentially affect all 3dcart users.

1) The 3dcart developers have it set so that delivery estimate module still quotes how quickly the item can ship even if the product has a “backorder” status! In other words, where the system would normally display "backorder" (as in, you can’t get it shipped today), the module makes the product display “you can get it as early as tomorrow!”. Clearly these two things are at odds and can cause extreme customer frustration.

2) It does not coordinate with the restrictive shipping module. If…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base