Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Profit by Month and Day to the POS Reports. They currently only show Gross Sales

The business report that shows profit by day and profit by month is NOT available in the POS reports. So there is no way of knowing what your net sales (profit) is for any sales you did with the POS system. YOu would manually have to calculate that for every sale. Can you write that same report from the POS reports? I am just a small store and so I can only imagine how hard it is for a large online store.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Internet Sales Tax

With the Supreme Court case of South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. many states are now requiring the collection of sales tax on internet sales. In our particular case we have both wholesale and retail sales, but only have to collect taxes on the retail sales. Right now I can only run a report that combines both by each state. A special or custom report should be a regular report on the list now. What is needed is the retail sales, not including wholesale and taxes, by state, for a time period that the customer can set. From this a determination…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Block my IP from Visitor Stats

I see that 3dcart allows us to block an IP address from accessing the store. But what we really need is a way to block our IP address from the Visitor and order stats. I regularly test the cart as a customer. Our staff uses the cart as the inventory catalog when they are on the phone with our customers. So the visitor and order stats are not accurate because they are counting our IP address. This seems like a 2 minute edit of your code and then add a switch in general > settings "Ignore your WAN IP? if…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Promotion utility is missing a informative dynamic

I created a promotion to give the customer 10% off a product category on our website, we are 19 days into this promotion and this offer has not generated a single sale. When I go into the Promotion Manager it lists 39 uses!?! It would be nice to have that #39 linked into something that lets me see the buyers, and items these people were looking at so I can improve my promotions, base pricing, marketing exposure...but I'm flying blind and have to go into Not Completed orders and open every listing to review where these "Uses" match up to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export / Customer create date

We should be able to export the create date or as you guys call it "customer since date" because this is basic data that is important yet simple to export into excel for our customer reports. I would consider this info much more important than some of the default fields you include. Some that info is not needed and I'm shocked that to add this there would be an upcharge.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Separate Ebay and Amazon sales from 3dcarts sales report.

It would be nice to have a separate sales report for ebay and amazon. Currently they are being combined with 3dcart orders (website orders). I would like a way to see them in separate reporting as well specially since I'm advertising to get customers to the main website. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the Date to this Features Request site

When reading the Feature Requests, I often click into one and see that it is from years ago. I realize that some of the requests are still completely relevant, but it would be helpful to be able to see the date that the request was originally posted, without having to click into the individual request. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. order export

Right now you cannot export the Sales Rep information when you export the customers, but you also can't export the group info on the Order export.

I am looking to be able to find out what sales reps are attached to what customer and what group they are in. And then also be able to see what groups the orders are in. I tried to do a custom order export, but the group info was not available to add in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a report for serial number/keys unused

similar to an inventory report, but for digital products, serial number/keys used and remaining

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base