Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Install Free SSL Certs from Let's Encrypt

Hi

Shopify is providing free SSL certificates to all their online stores via the Let's Encrypt program.

https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/

Can 3dcart sign up and do the same for all storeholders?

Sue

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Non-Stackable Error Message Needed

When coupons are set to be non-stackable and someone tries to enter more than one, I think a error message should pop up stating that only one coupon is allowed per order. Right now people keep trying and then complain that the system doesn't work.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. pintrest buy now button

BigCommerce and other platforms have this new feature

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Discount -Applies- to Products from these Manufacturers

Add to the existing "Discount doesn't Apply to Products from these Manufacturers:"
    -Applies-
    It is quite difficult for those with many different manufacturers to add to the list those that do not apply to the promotion, would be helpful to list only those that do apply for special promotions on that item or group.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to report that we have reviewed this idea and we feel that it would be a good addition to the 3dcart platform and be beneficial to many users. Therefore, we have decided to tentatively place the idea on our planning roadmap. We cannot yet say when it will be finalized and added to the store software, but we are definitely considering it for addition to the 3dcart suite of services and functions.

5. Bring back the Graph that compared Last year's sales.

We need the graph it used to show on the previous version on the Dashboard.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Affiliate Commission Calculation

The affiliate commission is currently calculated on the gross subtotal, prior to any discounts that may be used. The same problem was identified as a fix in v6 for the Customer reward points module, and being that this is the same logical flow, this should also be corrected ASAP. Affiliate commission should only be based on the net order (prior to shipping & tax) and after any applicable discounts used. If a customer's subtotal is $100 and they have a 20% discount coupon, the affiliate commission should be based on $80, not $100, as is currently calculated.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Feature to Allow BOGO Half Off Multiple Products or Entire Store in Promo Manager

Right now you can only do BOGO half off with 1 item in store at a time or you can do 50% off entire cart.
    Competitors allow BOGO Half off where you purchase 1 regular priced item and receive 50% Promo on 2nd item of equal or lessor value.
    This is a very popular Retail Promo. Would love to be able to do this in my 3dcart store.
    Thank you,
    Lori

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Apple Pay as a payment method

Add support for Apple Pay

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Buy Button for use in Pinterest and Facebook posts.

I was reading that Shopify stores now has buy buttons which allow customers to purchase a product without leaving the site - can 3dcart do that as well?

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Time stamps local, not Florida

Friends, we need time stamps to reflect the date and time in the store owner's locality, not in Florida time. The time has come to stop kicking this can down the road.

With more data being exchanged between apps and services, an accurate time stamp is critical to workflow and accuracy.

I am 1 hour behind 3dcart time, and I need this time to be reflected in my time stamps, orders, payments, logs, and reports. File imports and exports are clunky because I have to adjust the time forward and backward to keep records accurate.

This is a very simple…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. POS App for Android, not just iPad

Please please please make your POS App for Android as well as iPad. We have sales reps out in the field whom I would LOVE to be able to use the app but there is no way I'm shelling out that much extra money to supply them all with iProducts. Seriously guys, more than 50% of the world uses Android over Apple. Just from a sales standpoint you would be losing out on a ton of upsells.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add WYSIWYG to e-mails

Please add a WYSIWYG to e-mails.
    Editing them is very confusing now.
    One advantage is the ability to see if certain tags are working, such as for images, links, etc., this is especially helpful since each e-mail has a different set of allowable tags and they are not published anywhere, so it comes down to guessing and trial and error.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store Email Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Amazon listing, not FBA, exporting items to Amazon sellers account

I see 3dcart has the fulfillment by Amazon option (FBA) but how about an option to just list my inventory on Amazon? When it sells I can ship it from my warehouse. I have about 12K products and don't want to send them all to Amazon to have them fulfill the orders.
    I am currently selling on Amazon but listing the items individually and keeping up with the stock quantities is cumbersome.
    Volusion already has this option "Seamlessly sell on Amazon, the world's largest online retailer, and get your products in front of millions of Amazon shoppers right from your…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please integrate with Quickbooks online

Integrate with Quickbooks Online version

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow import of Zip Codes for custom "By Zip" shipping method

When creating a custom "by Zip" shipping method, we have to manually enter the zip codes one at a time. We should be able to import them from a CSV file.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Click to Zoom functionality to photos on mobile devices

Currently there is no way for customers to click to zoom on a photo to get a better view of a product with your responsive templates. This is standard on all the major sales websites and other shopping carts. It is a must have for those of us who sell products that rely solely on photos to cinch a sale.

Customers need to have the option to click on a photo and be taken to a larger page/view on mobile devices.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Specific Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AUTOMATICALLY update both 3dcart and Ebay inventory

3dcart needs to automatically update eBay when someone has made a purchase from the 3dcart site. eBay updates 3dcart but it does not do the reverse. Many of our items have a quantity of 1 so to list on both eBay and our site is impossible if I use the "Allow stock to be updated when listing on eBay" feature.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We need to set minimum order quantities by customer group and or price level

We sell products to Retail and Wholesale customers. We need to be able to set minimum order quantities for Wholesale customers and or their distinct price level. The problem with 3dcart now is that if we set a minimum quantity, that quantity is set for all customers. We can't have our retail customers forced to buy in wholesale quantities (for example 12 units). If this feature could be added to customer groups or by price level that would be amazing.

Please call me at 855-276-6277 ext.50 if you need further explanation.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Inventory Control: Allow Waiting List to be offered along with Backorder

We offer backorders and customers use that a lot. However some customers are hesitant, and also offering a waiting list will greatly increase return customers and sales.
    We use the Waiting List on some specific items, like Seasonal items and it works great, however on the majority, allowing backorders is a must. Unfortunately, now backorder and Waiting List are mutually exclusive.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base