Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gift Certificate

I think it would be great if 3D Cart added expiration dates for gift certificates... We would like our gift certificates to expire after 1 year, but that is not currently possible. The only way we can currently make it work is to create a 1 use coupon code, but that is not efficient or as profesional.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. COMPANY NAMES need to be posted on orders list not just customer names!!

I am very disappointed that this feature is still not available!! I sell primarily WHOLESALE customers, and when I look at the list of all of my orders, I want to be able to see the name of the store/company, not the name of the buyer, since that might change at any time. PLEASE add this!!!

thank you!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable the logo image in store emails to be a hyperlink to the store website.

Enable the logo image in store emails to be a hyperlink to the store website. Also have a way to insert a hyperlink common to all store emails from a centralized store setting, similar to Store Logo and Invoice Logo.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store Email Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Promotion exclusion list

It would be very nice to have an exclusion list for individual products when creating a promotion. Currently you can only exclude an item by manufacturer, but sometimes it's nice to have a sale where only a few things are not included. Example, something that is already marked down or a specific manufacturers gift card that should not be discounted. This would also work nicely as a tool for free shipping coupons when you need to exclude a few items that would have to ship via freight truck.

Thank you!!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cost effective apps

Why is it that people that build small features feel their value is worth $39.99 a month ongoing? Because we pay monthly, does not give companies the right to extremely overvalue their add-on. The average life of software is 4 years. based on $39.99 a month, that turns to over $2,300 over 4 years....would someone pay over $2,300 up front for a little feature? no, would I pay $99 a year, probably. Because there is a tool for billing in 3dcart, does that give people the right to crank up the monthly costs because it seems cheaper because it's billed…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please add a currency converter

please add a currency converter so a user can select their currency and the admin can set the default and currency options. I want to process in default USD, but if someone wants to pay in local currency, you can pull the paypal rate or let us globally select our own rate and it will adjust the site and cart on completing the order. Might be nice to have the field on the dashboard for quick changes and updates.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. POS Scanner

Your advertisements for POS show a Barcode Scanner, you should really consider adding that as a feature. Your new POS app appears to have been released perhaps a little early.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. shipping dimensions

3dcart should allow the entry on decimals instead of just integers for the Lenght Width and Height fields.

All of our items require decimal points for these measurements.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. POS needs "Categories" many stores have 1,000s of items

We have 2500+ on our 3dcartstore (website) organized into Categories. Synch to POS needs to include "Categories".

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add address verification to phone order input page. When we take orders over the phone it is difficult to understand even when customers spe

Add address verification to phone order input page. Customers are difficult to understand over the phone even when they spell out their address. When we repeat the address back to them they say it's correct but sometimes they are wrong and are not paying attention. We have no way of knowing a typo happens unless address verification tells us it is an invalid address. Having this feature will help eliminate invalid shipments, make customers happy, and save money.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Aggregate all JavaScript and CSS files

All JavaScript files should be aggregated into a single file before being served, same with CSS. I believe they will be gzip'ed automatically, so space characters aren't a huge issue, but it would still be preferable to "minify" both the JavaScript and CSS before serving them as well.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A way to combine several coupons into one. xx% on this, and yy% on that, or 5 on $50, and $10 on 100 with one coupon.

Would be great to have an auto coupon combiner. We can generate several coupons, put them into the Generator, and out comes one code that would apply all of them.
    Currently it is impossible to do varied discounts. xx on this, yy on that, and a free item with $xx, without having the customer enter three or four coupons codes, which is not practical.
    The other option is to be able to apply the coupons through a link, like from a mailer, and string all the coupon codes together separated with a comma.
    You can easily do 5 on 50,…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to collect a mailing list via our Facebook Store

I have seen some stores on Facebook with a page where they can have users sign up for their mailing list. I know Constant Contact has an app for this but you have to be a Constant Contact user. I think 3dcart's facebook store app should absolutly include the ability for us to be able to collect a mailing list from Facebook and have the list tie into our store's master mailing list. Or at least allow us to be able to use the mailing list signup code in our Facebook store.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Answer CMR Request requires via e-mail strait from notification mail.

In the CRM email I am sent that lets me know the customers question, it would be great if it included the customer's email. This would save me several steps in responding to the queries from potential customers.

Thanks for considering this.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to page through not completed orders

In the old system, I could use a page button to go to the next incomplete order, I would like that reactivated.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. lowest shipping method default

I would like the lowest shipping rate to be selected for customers by default. The way the site works now, it shows UPS rates first, but if a customer has a really light weight item, the UPS rates scare them away from buying. Likewise, if customers with really heavyweight items were to see the Postal rates first, there would be problems.

Several of my customers and one employee helping a customer have complained that they didn't even see the Postal shipping options on the site.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add <meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow"/> to all "recommend a friend" asp pages

add <meta name="robots" content="noindex,follow"/> to all "recommend a friend" asp pages. Why? because these are low quality duplicate pages and google applies a panda penalty to the whole site. All of your customers will benefit with better rankings once you do it. Help us make more sales and pay your hosting fees. Also using Disallow in robots.txt for RequestAFriend.asp pages is not enough!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. instead of a dropdown for customer groups in the promotions, make it check boxes so that you can

Promotions: Please add check boxes instead of a drop down list for which discount groups the promotion applies to. This would allow to have more than one group selected for a single promotion without having to have ALL of the price groups selected or just a single group.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tracking of product changes

Currently merchants are able to track changes that have been applied to html templates and see who made the changes. A great feature would be to see this history on the product level. When was the product added, by whom, and then track the individual changes that have been applied to the products individually. We have several employees that are responsible for adding and editing products and we would like to be able to track their work!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include Saturday Delivery to the UPS & Fedex Shipping Methods

To add the Saturday Delivery to the UPS & Fedex Shipping methods for both overnight and 2 day services.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base