Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gift registry purchases need to be trackable/attributable to registrants

1) As of now, there is no way for people who register for gifts to know who purchased the gifts for them. This seems to me something that is very fundamental for any gift registry.

2) Also there should be a way for people who purchase a gift for someone else through a registry to write them a message and have it show up in the registrants account under the purchased gift.

3) The website admin should be able to see in the order if it was through a registry, and which registry.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add Fedex Freight Rates to live Shipping

Fedex new API includes the ability to have live freight rates displayed. Fedex Senior Support Staff are willing to work with 3D to implement this feature. I don't understand why 3D Cart does not implement this very important feature. My business depends entirely on shipping heavy items and live freight rates would generate significant sales for my site.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add FedEx International Ground as a shipping option

We use FedEx International Ground for shipping to Canada since it is a more affordable option that International Economy or International Priority. Unfortunately, the integration with this service isn't available in 3dcart.

We'd like to see it added.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Watermarking

Pretty much everyone except 3dcart offers water marking capability with their shopping cart which helps protects a businesses images from being stolen or taken. We upload the standard image, and a filter is applied over the image with our logo in the corner that makes it appear when a competitor tries to save our image and use it for their self.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to download products by sub category via CSV

Would love the ability to download products to CSV by sub category or sub sub category.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export Product Features (field "prodfeature")

There is an option to Import product features, but no place to Export product features. If you go to Products » Import/Export, scroll to the bottom, you find a place to import "Products Features". If you open the "Sample File," it uses the field "prodfeature." I cannot find a place to export this data field. Therefore, if I have a manufacturer who changes an entire product line, I cannot edit in bulk all product features, I must go to each page and edit them individually.

I contacted support for this, the first time they misunderstood what I was saying, the…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. POS Option to Enable or Disable Products

POS Option to Enable or Disable Products

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You made a super easy to use admin panel

Feedback on the new admin panel

you guys made a super easy to use intuitive admin panel look fancier, but much less easy to use with the latest update.

I used to be able to see today's sales, last Month's sales, overall year's sales, last years sales on the admin panel without having to change anything. Now I see statistics for last 30 days, but I'd rather see last month vs this month. Now to see the statistics I want I have to change the paramters 4-5 times to get each of those numbers. Its cool to see the stats…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 Improvements to the Affiliate Program

The affiliate program has great potential. Currently, it does not equip nor inspire affiliates to engage customers. With three improvements, it can become a very powerful marketing tool.

BACKGROUND: The affiliate link for sharing via text, email and social media is the portion of the website embed code between the quotation marks. For example, if the website embed code is <a href="https://shop.gonmf.com/?AffId=13"> the affiliate share code is https://shop.gonmf.com/?AffId=13.

OPPORTUNITY: To equip and motivate a salesforce to aggressively sell by sharing the affiliate link via text, email, FB Messenger, Instagram, etc.

PROBLEM: Many affiliates (sales people) don't know…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove product from category

Currently you can bulk add products to categories; but you cannot bulk remove a product from a single category. Ex: When creating temporary categories for sales you can add multiple products to the category but you cannot remove them in bulk from just one category.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Walmart Marketplace Integration

Walmart Marketplace is second only to Amazon yet no integration with this product exists. Please jump on the bandwagon and create the integration (and make sure it deducts inventory in the process).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically Add Coupon To Cart via Query String URL Parameter

Many if not most promotions these days (and 90% of mine for the past ten years) are handled via newsletter and social media links that direct a user to a landing page such as a product or category page on a website store. As such it is always easier for the customer to purchase directly from a link that automatically adds a coupon discount code to the cart (and obviously validates it first before doing so) by grabbing the code from the url query string and not relying or expecting the customer to also note down the coupon code and…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Would love to be able to temporarly hide/disable manufactures without having to delete.

We like to only show currently available manufactures on our site. We would like to be able to temporarily hide a manufacturer without having to delete them.

Often we need to not carry them because we are all out of stock or they could be seasonal. Having to delete and re-add them every time is a pain.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. pos

This needs to be able to hold multiple registers I can only get 2 to connect right now and I have multiple locations I'm at when I'm selling event apparel and gear in different states on the same date.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Existing CRM Requests to be Linked to a New or Existing Customer Record.

Because our store is setup to allow requests as a guest, we often get new customers asking questions via the CRM, only then to have it turn into a New Customer transaction. At other times, they are simply not logged in when posting the question, and then the CRM ticket gets orphaned in the process.
    There should be a way to manually link the CRM ticket to a customer account after the CRM request is posted into the system - and at any time after the fact. Once a Customer Record is created or discovered, the SysAdmin could go back…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Update the flash charts to HTML 5

Charts in the admin are flash based and not viewable on iPad/iPhone or any other device without Flash. Please upgrade to HTML5.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Affiliate Program Registration - Paypal Field

Please add a Paypal (or payment) field for the Affiliate Program registration page (with the website, FEIN / SSN, etc..). Tracking sales and paying the affiliate are the only things that are truly important. There is no where they can put the email they tie to Paypal, Google, etc. for us to pay them.

That's a 911. A "nice but eventually" solution would be to have that auto pay when commissions get to a certain number and let merchants also put their Paypal info in.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. splitting payments. Accepting 2 cards for total sale amount.

Some customers want to use 2 cards as to transact. this would help.

else we need to create 2 orders

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix promotion manager

Fix the section under "Promotion Rules" titled "Applies if these Products are in the Basket". Right now if more than one product is selected there the entire promo won't work and acts the same as if there are 0 products selected there. Make it so that multiple products are there. For example if a customer buys item "A", "B" or "C" they get a free item "D". Right now I would have to set up three promotions to make this work. With a fix I could do it with one promotion.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base