Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block Unsubscribed Customer From Syncing To Mailchimp

Add a setting to the mailchimp module that prevents unsubscribed customers from being synced over to mailchimp.

Mailchimps new pricing is by plan & the number of "contacts" you have. "Contacts" include both subscribed & unsubscribed customers. No reason to pay for extra for unsubscribed contacts.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Buy X and Get X Free

The ability for wholesalers to offer a Buy X and Get X Free is crucial to their promotions and sales strategy. The current Buy 1 and Get 1 Free is too restrictive for wholesalers. This module also needs the ability to not restrict the product that can be chosen as the Free choice, or even better have the ability to chose several different products. As a wholesaler we may also offer Buy ANY 6 and Get ANY 2 Free. In ours (and many other) industries this happens very regularly, as there are many related products that can be purchased/used together,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UpSell, Intelligent product recommendations, and bundling options

Firstly 3dCart has done a great job increasing the number of apps available in the store, and version 8 that was recently rolled out is working great! However, there are a couple of features that could take 3dCart to the next level. The ability to bundle products while keeping the original SKU and personalized intelligent upsells.

The Apps listed below are available via Shopify and help merchants to increase sales tremendously. If the app has *** by it, I have not looked into whether or not 3dcart offers it. 

Article 1

1.)Ultimate up sell
    2.)Boost Sales
    3.)Product discount app(Schedule Discounts)
    4.)Smartr…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Carousel Banner Easier to Manage

I would like the Banner Carousel to be easier to manage. I would like to see an easier way to organize/re-organize banners via drag/drop or sorting of some kind. Currently, I have to cut and paste the path location and the URL link in order to change the order in which my banners are displayed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. schedule sales

We need a way to schedule a sale automatically. You have this in promotions/marketing, however it does not add product ON SALE when it is done this way. So we have to manually check the box to put an item on or off sale if we want that item to show up in the on sale category.
    I have never not had this option to schedule a sale and don't understand why this is missing in 3dCart. I have to go in at midnight to start and stop sales for a client and let me tell you this is NOT…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. coupon

Add an option for the promotion % off to be based on the list price. For example, on Feb 29th, we wanted to put everything in the store at 29% off the list price (so if our current price is 10% off of list price it would be the different between the 10 and 29% and if our current price is 30% off of list price, no additional discount would be applied).

It is very typical in our industry to have discounts based on list price.

We were able to run this same promotion on our other shopping card platform,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Limitations on "stackable" promotion coupon codes

You guys really need to add an option in the Promotion Manager section, where we can limit the amount of promotions to be used at one time. I want customers to be able to "stack" promotions, but I also want to limit them, because they can easily get other "stackable" promotion codes from friends, etc.. and use those to stack as well to create an even greater discount. We are currently giving separate discount codes to individuals that are allowed to be stacked (up to 5 discount codes. and I only give them up to 5 codes maximum), but if…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give us filtering capabilities on marketing datafeeds so we can remove out of stock or non profitable items from data feeds

Give us filtering capabilities on marketing datafeeds so we can remove out of stock or non profitable items from data feeds. The datafeed option needs a lot of work. We have lots of out of stock or non profitable items that we don't want to submit to certain channels but do want them on other channels. We don't want to hide these items in our store just to prevent them from showing up on data feeds. GoDataFeed is severely overpriced in my opinion, wanting around $200 a month to get lots of feeds and reports. Also, other shopping carts offer…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix discounts for recurring orders

Currently the entire discount from the originating order is applied to the recurring order. However, there may be discounts that dont apply to items in the recurring order.

For example: in the initial order, two recurring items are purchased, and a $10 discount is applied to each of those items. One item recurrs every 15 days, the other items recurrs every 30. This gives a $20 discount on the initial order. because the recurring intervals are different for the items ordered, the discount should only be $10 on the recurring order that is generated on day 15. However, the system…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Flag Orders With Notes

Flag orders where customers have typed in notes in the comment section. Flag the order in the "manage orders" area.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Profit by Month and Day to the POS Reports. They currently only show Gross Sales

The business report that shows profit by day and profit by month is NOT available in the POS reports. So there is no way of knowing what your net sales (profit) is for any sales you did with the POS system. YOu would manually have to calculate that for every sale. Can you write that same report from the POS reports? I am just a small store and so I can only imagine how hard it is for a large online store.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. newsletter remove undelivered emails from mailing list

Have the ability to remove email address from the newsletter list that get a delivery failure notice.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Carousel Image Alt Tag Field

Add alt tag fields in the admin for each carousel image!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bot Blocker

3dCart needs a module that will auto block bots coming from AWS and other 3rd party scrapper services. I get tired of seeing bots crawling the site every day. Blocking them is a huge time waster as it requires opening a ticket with 3dCart and asking for the server log. The only bots I need crawling the site are legitimate search engines.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto Generated Coupon Code For Newsletter

Generate a one time use coupon code for customers that signup to our newsletter. Include the code in the "Customer Registration - Customer" confirmation email the customer receives. These coupon codes will somehow need to be linked to a promotion.

Creating static codes don't work! They go public too quick and people start using them without signing up to the newsletter.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please get rid of the green chat icon on the lower right portion that blocks information on on my invoice page.

Please get rid of the green chat icon on the lower right portion that blocks information on on my invoice page. If it can't be gotten rid of please move it to someplace where it is not in the way.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Invoice options to include PDF for Customer, Merchant and Distributor

I would like to see emails for Customers, Distributors and Merchants offered in PDF.

Emails used for packing slips must be usable. PDFs are usable. Html and text are not. What is the point of the Distributor email that is unusable.

I would like to see the option of a PDF for each of the emails9 ( New order- Customer, New order- Distributor and New order Merchant)

Please add this change to your system.

When I ask for this possibility, I was told there are other customers asking for the same thing.

This is the response of the 3dcart team…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Merge Customers

Need an option to merge customers. During the merge we would need the ability to select the "master" email, address and any other information.

As I mentioned before, I would provide an example on how our business software handles merges. Very clean and easy.

This suggestion was deleted for some reason with 28 votes

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Video Background For Home Page Carousel

It would be nice to have the option to add a Video Background option instead of sliding images. Recent finding show on average 30% higher captive rate and increased time spent on the website when a video is played on the home page instead of a static image or sliding carousel. Having the ability to use a WYSIWYG for text overlay would be nice too.

Please add this option either to new templates or an add-on app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Exclude individual products from Free Shipping offers

Add a checkbox on items which would exclude that item from any Free Shipping promotions. Very simple and would allow me to exclude items that are oversize/overweight.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base