Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multilingual

This idea was brought up a few years ago, and was declined because "Google Translate is sufficient".

However this doesn't take into consideration the SEO implications of having pages in other language(s) which can rank in those localized versions of Google.

Having the ability to host different language versions of the site, that users could freely switch to, would be HUGE from an SEO point of view.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Better Options Interface

It would be very helpful for products with multiple options (scent, size, etc.) to display drop-down menus and other option selectors when adding the product to the cart. In an ideal world, our store staff would be able to add a product to the POS cart using the regular (not advanced) options that are visible on website product pages, using the same input method that is used on the website product page.

The current options interface is unusable to us because the name of the advanced option is so truncated when adding a product to the cart. It's inconvenient that…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Version: 8.2.4 Please return the product page jump links to the top of the page.

You removed the links at the top of the page that allowed me to jump to pages within my inventory.. How having to drop down to the bottom of the page Each and EVERY time I need to move into my inventory is excessive.

The search box does not need to consume 95% of the screen area like it does in this version.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can we have the store credit balance display on the order confirmation email and thank you pages?

Several request are coming in to have the store credit balance display on the email order confirmation and the thank you pages.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store Email Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Promotions

It would be nice to be able see the Coupon/Promo Code on the main Promotion Manager page that lists all the promos.
    Right now you have to click on each individual promo to see the code.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. continental shipping option (on free shipping setting)

I would love to see a setting for free continental shipping - where the free shipping option is to the lower 48 states. I ship tons of big / heavy things to the lower states for free, and can not offer free shipping to alaska / hawaii / puerto rico / usvi, etc. Unfortunately, when you put the free shipping setting on, it includes all of those states / territories, and won't allow the restrictive shipping module to block them. I need the free shipping icon to work, because people want to see that, so please ammend your free shipping…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Confirmation on "Void/Refund Transaction" click!

If you click the 'Details' link in an order there is a button named "Void/Refund Transaction". When you click this there is no further confirmation or anything, it just goes ahead and completely executes the refund! I found this out the hard way while exploring for options to partially refund shipping

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have the RMA module authorize a refund through the payment gateway

As noted in the RMA tutorial documentation:
    Important: Any refunds will need to be done manually through your payment gateway/merchant account. 3dcart's RMA process only documents the return for tracking purposes but does not tie into the payment gateway in any way.

You should code in the OPTION to have the RMA module access the payment gateway and issue the refund. Like when you close the RMA, a popup message says "would you like to refund the customer's payment?" and it should probably allow you to enter the amount to be refunded so you can deduct any restocking fees, etc.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow 3dcart admin to change the unit of time for Autoship frequency

I am using the Autoship feature and think it's great, however I would like more control over setting the units of time for shipping frequency. Currently, the shipping frequency parameter is the number of days, but this is too granular for my products.

As a 3dcart administrator, I would like to be able to set the recurring frequency units of time to days, weeks or months.

So rather than my current settings (ship every 15, 30, 45, 60 days)... I can instead say ship every 2,3,4,5,6 weeks or ship every 1,2,3 months.

This will be much easier for my customers…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make an Option Column for Cost

Make an option column for cost, for product options that affect cost as well as price, weight, etc. All my product options affect cost, so my profit reports are useless since 3dcart only tracks the base cost.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Store manager search bar SHOULD NOT BE EXACT PHRASE

When I am searching for a part in the store manager I don't want to have to write the exact phrase in order to find it. It should be a general search that pulls up items with the suggested words. This is getting even more cumbersome as we add more to our inventory.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why can't there be a column on the order page that shows the fraud alert buttons.

Why can't there be a column on the order page that shows the fraud alert buttons. Since you can print out your orders from the orders page we seldom look at the customer info page unless we need to contact the customer or to past tracking into the order. By then when you see the fraud alert your package has already been drop shipped.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Product page Admin Notes

This was declined due to lack of interest. I don't visit this section so didn't see it. I'll make mention of it on the forum as well. I've wanted this for a long time but figured it would be too hard for you to do.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. POS App For Future Orders

When I first saw this app I was excited, but after going back and forth multiple weeks with tech support to be able to log into it, I am disappointed in the features. I was expecting my staff to us it to take orders, not just log payments.

I would like the ability to capture order details on simple, easy to use screens, so once it was imported into my shopping cart, I could open it in the New queue and process it like an online order. I would need to be able to capture the options for the items…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow linking of already live Ebay items for sale to newly added products on 3DCart.

We have just moved to 3D Cart but we have hundreds of already live listings on EBay that are GTC. We would like to be able to link our newly designed products on 3DCart to those live listings for inventory control. Ending live listings to relist them through 3DCart for inventory to sync isn't an option for us as we have been running these products for years and customers have them saved.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Advanced Options needs more fields

Advanced Options needs more fields. Fields Requested:
    1. SUGGESTED RETAIL: Need this so that the Saving reflect the correct amount and percent when switching to higher/lower priced options.
    2. WHOLESALE/PRICE LEVELS: Need this so when a wholesale customer logs in and buys an item with with an Advanced Option the correct price is given to them
    3. HANDLING: Be able to add a handling fee per advanced option
    4. HIDE: You can only hide in Options. But if I am out of just the Black Large I don't want to hide all black or all large, just the black large. …

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Free shipping promo needs to calculate separate from other promos

Right now, we have a "Free US Shipping" promo set for orders over $150. Sometimes, we do other promos, such as 20% off a certain category of products. When we do this, the free shipping applies to orders over $150 BEFORE the discount of the 20% off promo. So effectively, the customer gets free shipping but their total is only $120 after the discount.

The free shipping should be calculated on the total AFTER other discounts.... not the subtotal.

This really needs to get fixed as it makes us gun-shy about offering any promos at all.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Implement Apple and Android Pay

I just got an email from CyberSource who now supports Apple and Android pay. Being able to take payments with those would be great, especially on mobile when all a customer has to do is use their fingerprint and pay. I think it would make conversion rates soar.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. POS needs to support bulk discounts, 3 decimals, & promotions

The POS system should support the same features that our online store has. Specifically it should support promotions, bulk discounts and 3 decimals places. Without these features it is useless for our retail location.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. save tabs

When adding in products, descriptions, images, options, etc., I think it would be great if you could move from one tab to another without it deleting the information you JUST put in the tab you were previously on. This would definitely be a time save and a frustration reducer.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base