Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display default Option's price

When a product has multiple options and a default option is indicated, display the price of the default option wherever the product is displayed, including New Releases, Top Sellers and the standard product display page.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Improve SEO with customer provided content - allow customers to post pictures with descriptions and tag which products are in the pictures.

We would love to have customers be able to build site content for us! One way that MANY of our competitors do this is by having a photo gallery that the customers can contribute to and tag the products that are in the photo. Then they allow other customers to comment on the photos. This is almost like a customer generated blog post. This helps drive SEO a few ways. 1) Customers link from their blogs to the gallery post and/or share their gallery posts on social media. 2) customers naturally use words that other customers are searching for in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  1 comment  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a Color Picker Option

My company sells personalized products, and it would open a lot of possibilities if we had a color picker option that allowed customers to pick out a color and outputted it as an RGB hex code on the order's details. Preferably one where we can offer several preset color values but also allow more selective customers to set a custom value by using a color.

Something along the lines of this example: http://i.imgur.com/pasM7kw.png

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. UPS / FedEx address verification

We would like to see improvement to the 3dcart-designed address validation module OR to have antother integrated add-on option such as Addrexx or Smartystreets. The 3dcart designed module is inadequate for merchants using UPS or Fedex for the following reasons:

• It uses USPS validation which excludes virtually anyone in a rural location who doesn't have mail delivery. We're constantly struggling with this because we're trying to automate our order processing. If we don't block the user from entering an address that can't be validated, then we have no way of knowing which addresses have been validated and which have been…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Integration Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Canonical URL To Category Settings

For sites that have large catalogs, chances are there will be subcategories under multiple category sections. Please add canonical url fields to the category seo settings so that we can engage in proper seo behavior on the site, and minimize duplicate content in the search engines eyes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  3 comments  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When responding to a CRM

When responding to a crm it is natural for me to hit Save out of habit. This is lost if the submit option is there, which is often hidden at the bottom of the screen with your chat room logo hiding it. Would be nice if if responded to the CRM that it was not lost after typing. or that the save sent this along as in an initial CRM

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sort Categories Attached To A Product

Add the ability to sort the order of the categories that are attached to a product. The breadcrumb trail uses the first category as its path. To correct this we need to DELETE all categories off the product, then add all categories back with the main one as the first category.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Upgrade Bootstrap to 4 from version 3.

Please update the common core themes to Bootstrap 4.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Product Information display order.

So.... So.. So.. wish I could change the order information is displayed on the product information page.

The display format of field is really not efficient based on not what you have to do to add product, but the on going maintenance of that product.

Here are the big 3;
    1) Product Information
    2) Pricing / Options
    3) Inventory

These should dominate the top of the page to improve the page efficiency past the point of first adding product.

The Categories, you set it.. rarely need to change it so it should be lower on the page.

Product Description and…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Kit functionality to the database.

Add the ability for 3dCart to allow product kits (items that are made of combinations of items for sale). For example we sell a floor cleaner that also includes a mop. Each item is sold separately, but also sold together as a "kit" which includes both of the SKU's. When the kit is sold we have to deduct the inventory manually from each item, however if the Kit Option were made available it could easily handle deducting both A and B when the sale is made.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Zip Code Mask

Currently, if a customer enters a 5+4 zip code (12345-6789) without the dash (123456789) 3dCart does not figure the shipping because it doesn't recognize the zip code. So the customer doesn't get charged for shipping and the customer gets emailed an invoice with no charge for shipping. This means U have to invoice the customer later for the shipping and receive a second payment. Big inconvenience for the customer and myself and not very professional.
    Why not create a mask that adds the dash after five digits on the zip code and only allows either 5 or 10 digits (5+4…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Shipping Methods & Rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sale/Promotional Prices for options

With websites which have hundreds of items; and most of those items having numerous options, there is no way to put options on sale like other platforms do. Only the item itself can be put on sale which covers all options. Having a blanket discount system for items with many options is not profitable in many cases for some options within the item. The automatic calculation which occurs for blanket discounts causes many options to end up being at a price which is below cost.

It would be greatly appreciated if individual options could have a strikethrough with the adjusted…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Product Options Template screen to show the list of Products using the Linked Template

Currently on the Product Option Template screen it tells you how many products are linked to a template but you can not extract that information. It would be ideal if you could simply click on the # of Products and a list is shown that can be easily downloaded into a CSV

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [BUG] Enable on screen keyboard when a bluetooth barcode scanner is connected

Currently, the POS App does not let you enable the onscreen keyboard when a bluetooth barcode reader is connected.

This is what I expect should happen:
    https://i.stack.imgur.com/YmtIx.gif

However, the bar at the bottom of the screen is not visible in the POS App. Please fix this so I can still type in a SKU if my barcode does not exist in the database.

I realize this is a feature request area, but the support team told me to post here for some reason. This is a BUG not a FEATURE.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Phone # Logins

Allow customers to create account with email OR phone number.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Open for Voting  ·  0 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add phone number seperation to zip code

Add separation to phone number on form.
    example: 541-968-2164 vs. what it is right now: 5419682164

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Product Reviews

The product review module needs to be improved for verified purchasers! Our company receives more complaints on the process of leaving a review than actual reviews submitted.

Problem With The Flow:

1. Customer receives the email to review the products

2. Customer clicks review item

3. Customer lands on product page

4. Customer clicks 'review item' on product page & gets redirected to login page.

5. Customer is sent back to product page after successful login

6. Customer must click 'review item' again.
      7.Customer finally fills and submits review.

Solution

Instead of forcing a login, have the software verify the email entered on the review was…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Product Options hide/disable out of stock variations

Need a way to HIDE a product with variations that is out of stock. Right now, a customer selects a variation of an option, tries to add to cart, it takes them to another page saying their cart is empty if the item is out of stock. Every other cart system has this simple feature. Customers call saying there is something wrong with the website all the time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Inventory displays need to be more user friendly.

On pannel=1 I have inventory that says I have X number of units and this could be all total across all Options/Advances features.

When I click on the vlaue it takes me to a page
    Product Stock Update.
    TO Which I really have no clue how valuable that page it as it does nothing to help you if you offer options using the advance menu.

So in order to really control my inventory, I have to click
    -Options
    -Actions
    -Advanced Options
    Just to see the values behind the inventory behind the pannel=1 display.

Can we get the pannel=1 display to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base