Feature Requests

Thank you for submitting a suggestion to our uservoice portal. Before you continue please consider the following:

We try to make our software as full featured as possible for a wide range of users in order to help 3dcart merchants succeed in their respective businesses.

However, please understand that while your idea may be perfect for your individual business model, it may not work for all stores and situations. We’ve set up this feature request and suggestion portal for ideas that may be of a benefit to all users globally on 3dcart. Hence the voting system that is enabled on the portal.

With that being stated, please also understand that submitting an idea to this portal does not guarantee that the suggestion can or will be implemented globally on the service for all users. As a service, 3dcart has many facets where functionality is dictated by peripheral services and influences such as API connections to Shipping Carriers, contractual agreements and integration parameters with various payment gateway providers, database limitations and other factors that can affect the likelihood of a suggestion being implemented.

If a suggestion is declined, we will make every effort in our control to offer counter suggestions or alternatives to try, including 3rd party-partner services (browse through our App Store) or work arounds using the existing software as is.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. customer wants to use POS App at multiple stations, simultaneously. Like having 2 or 3 cash registers

customer wants to use POS App at multiple stations, simultaneously. Like having 2 or 3 cash registers

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow me to see STORE names on my orders

I need to be able to see the name of the STORE who ordered from me, not just the name of the CUSTOMER. Customers (buyers at stores) change frequently so I need the STORE NAME TO SHOW.
    This is a very frustrating thing for me.
    95% of my orders are wholesale from stores, not from individuals.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. CRM Multiple Department E-mails

3D Cart provides multiple departments for the CRM but you can not direct them to the departments. They still go to one e-mail account and that person has to forward the info to the correct department. 3D Cart should allow to designate an e-mail address for each department. This would save time for the webmaster to do other things.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Abandoned Cart Email and Coupon Codes

Improve the abandoned cart email system to generate more than one email. Also have it provide unique coupon codes to the potential customer.

This way we can send out an email say after 1 day offering a discount to complete the order. If the order is not complete, send out another email the next day with a different % off and unique coupon code.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Block Unsubscribed Customer From Syncing To Mailchimp

Add a setting to the mailchimp module that prevents unsubscribed customers from being synced over to mailchimp.

Mailchimps new pricing is by plan & the number of "contacts" you have. "Contacts" include both subscribed & unsubscribed customers. No reason to pay for extra for unsubscribed contacts.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. error.asp. Show more error details on uncompleted orders

We see so many uncompleted orders with errors pages presented to the customers. Currently we only see error.asp. Without more details about the error, we are blind to the reason, cause or solution for these errors.
    It would be very helpful to see these error details.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simply Sales, Banners, set up/dismantling

We need a one page set up for sales and banners, without going to various categories/pages to do the same thing over and over....One page with places to check where we want the banner/sale info. to show up....and One page to dismantle the sale/banner postings.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love to be able to link a CRM to an existing order. Also want to be able to open/add notes to CRM without it contacting the customer

I wish there was a way to link an order to an existing CRM. I also wish there was a way to open a CRM for a customer or add notes to a CRM without the customer getting emailed each time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  CRM & Customer Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. checkout question

THE CHECKOUT QUESTION DROPDOWN/RADIO FEATURE IS FLAWED ....

The checkout questions are pre-determined which means they are pre-selected. This renders the questions useless since the customer doesn't really have to answer the question YET it will show as if they selected the first option.

PLEASE FIX. This issue has been brought up before and declined by other people.

Example of issue:

"How did you find our site?"

Options: Google, Referral, Etc.

Here is the problem. IF NO ONE EVER ANSWERS THE QUESTION IT WILL REGISTER AS IF EVERYONE FOUND THE SITE VIA "GOOGLE" WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give us filtering capabilities on marketing datafeeds so we can remove out of stock or non profitable items from data feeds

Give us filtering capabilities on marketing datafeeds so we can remove out of stock or non profitable items from data feeds. The datafeed option needs a lot of work. We have lots of out of stock or non profitable items that we don't want to submit to certain channels but do want them on other channels. We don't want to hide these items in our store just to prevent them from showing up on data feeds. GoDataFeed is severely overpriced in my opinion, wanting around $200 a month to get lots of feeds and reports. Also, other shopping carts offer…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SEO, Blog & Social Media Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix discounts for recurring orders

Currently the entire discount from the originating order is applied to the recurring order. However, there may be discounts that dont apply to items in the recurring order.

For example: in the initial order, two recurring items are purchased, and a $10 discount is applied to each of those items. One item recurrs every 15 days, the other items recurrs every 30. This gives a $20 discount on the initial order. because the recurring intervals are different for the items ordered, the discount should only be $10 on the recurring order that is generated on day 15. However, the system…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Active multiple Group Deals at the same time.

Active multiple Group Deals at the same time. Not limited to one group deal at a time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. deleting or replacing the MAIN photo is very cumbersome with the new interface.

There has to be a better way to change the MAIN photo other than to copy and then paste an uploaded image then save the page. It was so simple before new interface, when the DELETE button would delete the MAIN photo and not just the thumbnail ...
    Change for the sake of change is not progress...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. schedule sales

We need a way to schedule a sale automatically. You have this in promotions/marketing, however it does not add product ON SALE when it is done this way. So we have to manually check the box to put an item on or off sale if we want that item to show up in the on sale category.
    I have never not had this option to schedule a sale and don't understand why this is missing in 3dCart. I have to go in at midnight to start and stop sales for a client and let me tell you this is NOT…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A 'hide' 'unhide' button on the product list, rather than product list > product > edit > hide> save

You really need a 'hide' 'unhide' button on the product list, rather than product list > product > edit > hide> save

It's logical, almost instantaneous, saves time, makes life easier, and is sorely needed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Price Display Options

Add a quick way to change how prices are displayed.
    Example:
    - show price range (it varies depending on size/color of product)
    - show maximum price
    - show minimum price
    - hide the price

This will help keep our customers from being confused or misled.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Design, Themes & Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Update the POS App to allow more than one device.

Update the app to support more than one device. It is very limiting with only one device allowed. I am going to have to move to a different storeunless I find a POS app that I can run with 3dCart that handles mutiple devices.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  POS App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. newsletter remove undelivered emails from mailing list

Have the ability to remove email address from the newsletter list that get a delivery failure notice.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. coupon

Add an option for the promotion % off to be based on the list price. For example, on Feb 29th, we wanted to put everything in the store at 29% off the list price (so if our current price is 10% off of list price it would be the different between the 10 and 29% and if our current price is 30% off of list price, no additional discount would be applied).

It is very typical in our industry to have discounts based on list price.

We were able to run this same promotion on our other shopping card platform,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards, Promotions & Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Limitations on "stackable" promotion coupon codes

You guys really need to add an option in the Promotion Manager section, where we can limit the amount of promotions to be used at one time. I want customers to be able to "stack" promotions, but I also want to limit them, because they can easily get other "stackable" promotion codes from friends, etc.. and use those to stack as well to create an even greater discount. We are currently giving separate discount codes to individuals that are allowed to be stacked (up to 5 discount codes. and I only give them up to 5 codes maximum), but if…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base